Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a computer science & engineer student? What will be my optional subjects?

I am a Student Of Computer Science engineering.I want to be an IAS officer after finish my engineering...am i eligible for the entrance exam? If i am,what my optional subjects?

jagannadh Array

Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a computer science & engineer student? What will be my optional subjects?

eligibility criteria:
    candidate should complete graduation degree or equivalent with any stream from a recognized university or college.

age limit:
    age should be between 21 to 30 year.Age relaxation is there for reserved candidates,like for OBC category is 3 year and for SC/ST/PD category is 5 years.

dates of the civil service preliminary exam application form issue from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.And exam will held on 20th May 2012.

candidates have to select the subjects to be the optional one, the candidates has to choose the subject which they were good like like history, geography, economics, etc...choose the better in which the candidates was good at....good luck

suman27 Array

Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a computer science & engineer student? What will be my optional subjects?

Dear friend,

after completion of your Graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

ELIGIBILITY OF IAS EXAM:

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
    2)Main exam
    3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK

venkataprakash Array

Yes absolutely !!! you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

IAS means for Indian Administration Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility for IAS examination :-

-You should have passed your graduate degree in any discipline of a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
    -You must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
    -Final year degree course or final semester of course can also apply to apply for this examination.
    -There is no minimum percentage required for this examination.

Options Subjects :-
    ------------------
    -Agriculture
    -Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
    -Anthropology
    -Botany
    -Chemistry
    -Civil Engineering
    -Commerce & Accountancy
    -Economics
    -Geography
    -Geology
    -Indian History
    -Management
    -Mathematics
    -Mechanical Engineering
    -Medical Science
    -philosophy
    -Physics
    -Political Science & International Relations
    -Psychology
    -Sociology
    -Statistics
    -Zoology

The following Combination are not allowed :-

-Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
    -Commerce and Management
    -anthropology and Sociology
    -Maths and Statistics
    -Agricultural and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    -Management and Public Administration
    -Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
    -Any two Branches of Engineering

More details,Visit the official website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

bipin Array

Yes , you are eligible for IAS Exam after completing BE in computer science.
    U.P.S.C Stands for Union Public Service Commission and IAS Exam is taken by UPSC.

Education Qualification :

you should be qualified under graduation course in recognized university with good percentage of marks in recognized university .

Age Limit :

Your age should be 21 to 30 years and the relaxation period is given to ,

- SC/ST candidates for 5 years

- OBC candidates for 3 years

- Handicapped Candidates for 10 years .

Number of Attempt :

Every general candidates for eligible to apply for attempt for 4 times and obc and other backward candidates for 7 times and there is no limit for sc/st candidates till the age of 35 years .

King Array

Hello Dear,
    Yes you are eligible to take the IAS Entrance exam being a computer science and engineer student.As per the norms and conditions made by the IAS exam authority/committee board you should have passed your graduate degree in any discipline of a recognized University or equivalent qualification.You must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.And there is no such minimum percentage required.Your optional Subjects will be Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Management,Indian History,Geography and Statistics.
    I hope this will help you in setting your goals clear.Prepare well.Manage time.Work Hard.Have believe on God.You will definitely succeed.
    Best Wishes for your bright future.
    Thank You.

ashok rks Array

Yes You are eligible to attend the entrance exam for the IAS

IAS - Indian Administrative Services

The Entrance exam for IAS
    UPSC - Union Public Service Commission

Eligible Criteria
    You need to complete your Under Graduate degree in any reputed College are University

Age Limit
    The Minimum Age is 21
    The Maximum age limit for the General Candidate : 28 Years
    The Maximum age limit for the OBC Candidate : 33 Years
    The Maximum age limit for the SC/ST Candidate : 35 Years

Stream are Possible to write the Entrance Exam for IAS
    Commerce
    Biology
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Civil Engineering
    Geography
    Physics
    Medical
    Management
    Philosophy
    & So On

The Following Streams are Not allowed to write the entrance exam of IAS
    Political Science
    Management & Public Management
    Commerce & Management
    Animal Husbandry
    Veterinary Science

Dharan Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a Student Of Computer Science engineering.I want to be an IAS officer after finish my engineering...am i eligible for the entrance exam? If i am,what my optional subjects?
    UNION SERVICE PUBLIC COMMISSION is conducting the IAS examination...IAS is abbreviated as INDIAN ADMINISTRATION SERVICES....Any Degree is or in any professional course candidate can apply for this Exam...So,You can surely attend this exam....Eligibility....>>The candidate must completed Graduate in a Recognized University....>>The Candidate age is to between 21 years to 30 years...Optional Subjects...1.Physics2.Chemistry3.Geography4.Statis tics5.Botany 6.Agriculture 7.Economics8.Zoology9.Sociology10.Psychology11.Phi losophy12.Medical Science13.Geology14.Indian History15.Management16.Civil Engineering17.AnthropologyFor more details refer the below mentioned website...www.upsc.gov.inGOOD LUCK>>>>>>>>>

grotesque Array

Dear sir,
    Yes you are eligible to appear in the IAS exam if you are opting the field of Computer science engg. but only after completing your degree. The minimum requirement for the purpose of appearing the IAS exam is graduation or their equilent degree in any stream. AT the time of choosing the optional subjects then you have an option to choose the subjects which are mentioned in the list of prospectus of IAS.
    all the best

Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a Bsc IT (Information technology) graduate?

vikasjha39 Array

HI!
    INFORMATION ABOUT CIVIL SERVICES EXAM

After passing computer science engineering I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C. once in a year.

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..
    Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMIT:-
    A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
    For ST/SC candidate 21-25 year.

NATIONALITY:-
    Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

You can chose any optional subject in I.A.S exam.

List of optional subject:-
    Agriculture
    Management
    Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
    Mathematics
    Anthropology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Botany
    Medical Science
    Chemistry
    Philosophy
    Civil Engineering
    Physics
    Commerce & Accountancy
    Political Science & International Relations
    Economics
    Psychology
    Electrical Engineering
    Public Administration
    Geography
    Sociology
    Geology
    Statistics
    Indian History
    Zoology
    Law

Unregistered

i have done BCA from distance education .Can i apply for IAS?

Unregistered

im having 10th mark sheet & arrear in diploma in electronics. now i want to write IAS exam. If Tamilnadu open university gradute can write IAS exam?

Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a information technology & engineer student?

adi_netgenie Array

IAS =====>>>>>>> Indian Administrative service

It is a class one service under the central government of INDIA
    you will be get jobs as IAS/IFS/IRS etc

BEING A COMPUTER SCIENCE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE EXAM PROVIDED YOU MUST HAVE A CERTAIN GATE PERCENTILE OR SCORE
    WITHOUT A GATE SCORE...YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANT GOVERNMENT JOBS

===Eligibility Criteria===

Academic Qualification

Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Mathematics, Physics, Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY

AGE LIMIT
    21-30 years(For General Candidates)/21-32 years (OBC)/21-35 years (SC/ST candidates)

Number of Attempts
    4 (For General Candidates)/7 (OBC)/Unlimited times(SC/ST candidates)

3 stages of the EXAM
    preliminary exam/mains exam/personal interview

question pattern:
    English
    analytical problems
    Data interpretation
    basic computer knowledge
    assertion and reason
    logical reasoning

==OPTIONAL SUBJECTS THAT YOU MAY TAKE BEING A COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING GRADUATE==

• Mathematics
    • Physics
    • Statistics

===MODE OF PREPARATION===
    • you need to prepare very hard for it
    • you may take private coaching.you should be good at----
    • quick problem solving methods
    • aptitude solving methods
    • learn time management
    • good conception in ENglish
    • GOOD iq level

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

can i take Computer Science as a optional subject.

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,

You are Eligible to appear for the IAS examination.As a computer engineering student you can definitely appear for the IAS examinations.You can choose optional subjects related to your course.You can choose computer science as your optional subjects.You have to appear for the Preliminary exam and Main exam for become IAS.First you must clear preliminary exam then only you can appear for the Main Exam.After that you have to attend interview.Prepare well for the exam very well.

ALL THE BEST

ranjeet kumar Array

dear friend.
    the eligibility criteria for ias examination is:
    1. graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
    2. age must be under 21 to 35 years 3 year upper age relaxation for obc and 5 years for sc and st.
    if your institute is ucg recognized and approved by aicte then you are eligible for ias.
    upsc exam will consists of three phases:
    phase-1
    preliminary test- multiple choice test. the exam will held in two shift of 2 hours, and both papers having 100 questions.
    phase-2
    mains- this is a subjective based test of two papers which you have opted.
    phase-3
    after the completion of mains you will be called for personal interview, in this phase you have to submit the documents and after the verification you will be called for the job (if cleared).
    wish you all the best.

popeye Array

Yes you are eligible to apply IAS Exam aftercompleting yourcomputer science engineering i.e B.Tech course. To become IAS Officer you have to apply for Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria for the IAS Examination :

- You should have completed graduation in any stream from recognized university.

- Your age must be between 21 to 30 years and 3 years and 5 years of Age relaxation for the OBC and SC/ST respectively.

- Number of attempts:
    1. 4 attempts
    2. 7 attempts for OBC
    3. unlimited attempts for SC/St)

There will be Three stages of examinations conducted by the UPSC :

Preliminary exam (C-SAT)
    Main examination
    Interview

Detail exam pattern with marks is mentioned in following chart :

ias-exam-pattern.jpg

You ahve to choose two optional subjects for main exam . The list of optional subjects is given below.

For further information regarding notification and exam details please check the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
    Attached Images

choco28 Array

dear friend,

yes you are surely eligible for IAS exam after completion of your Be/BTech degree

eligibility for IAS exam

candidate must be a graduate in any discipline

age limit
    21 to 30 years
    the upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases

nationality
    must be a Indian

maximum no. of attempts
    for general - 4 timess
    for OBC -7 attempts
    for SC/ST- no limits

syllabus for the exam is given below:

procedure of selection
    written exam
    interview

Unregistered

i am having btech degree in production design and innovation from university of south australia...am i eligible for appearing for i a s exam

asvg Array

hi friend,
    After completing your Graduation course surely you are eligible.

images.jpg
    the optional subjects are as follows:
    Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    Botany
    Indian Languages
    Mathematics
    Agriculture
    Chemistry
    Civil Engineering
    Commerce
    Economics
    Indian History
    Law
    Psychology
    Public Administration
    Sociology
    Statistics
    Zoology Anthropology
    Electrical Engineering
    Geography
    Geology
    Management
    Mechanical Engineering
    Medical Science
    Philosophy
    Physics
    Political Science

you can verify here
    http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/index.html

Annubhai Array

Hello Friends
    IAS
    Exam, Indian Civil Services Exam , IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria, IAS Exam ...
    final year can also appear in entrance exam but they are required to produce ... exam will appear in Main exam and students who qualify the main exam will have to ...
    Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce & Accountancy, Political Science

List of optional subject:-

Mathematics
    Management
    Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
    Anthropology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Botany
    Agriculture
    Medical Science
    Chemistry
    Philosophy
    Civil Engineering
    Physics
    Commerce & Accountancy
    Political Science & International Relations
    Economics
    Psychology
    Electrical Engineering
    Public Administration
    Geography

ALL THE BEST.....

aditya singh Array

Yes you are eligible for the Civil Services Exam as it's eligibility criteria states that the applicant should be 'a graduate from a recognised university'.
    You can even appear in the exam in your final year of graduation.
    As Computer Science is not included in the list of Optional subject's i suggest that you should choose the optional subject from the Humanities group ; because that subjects can be easily prepared in less time and also give advantage in interviews.

Nathan Array

Doing final year student also eligible for the IAS entrance examination as per the rule of Union public service commission.If you interest to apply this exam you may have this eligibility Criteria's.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Administrative Service:-
    >>Candidate must have complete the bachelor or engineering degree in any discipline from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark is to require for this examination and also final year student's eligible for the IAS entrance Examination.
    >>Candidate should be citizen of India.
    >>Candidate Age should be not less than 21 years.
    >>Candidate should be medically fit for the IAS exam.

Selection Process:-

Preliminary:- This exam have two paper each paper have 200 marks totally 400 marks for the preliminary Exam.

Main's:-

If you qualified for this exam after you call the Interview and if you select in the interview to become a IAS officier.

More details please visit Official website:-http://upsc.gov.in

Annubhai Array

Hello sir..........

Yes absolutely !!! you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

Indian Administration Service
    examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility for IAS examination :-

-You should have passed your graduate degree in any discipline of a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
    -You must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
    -Final year degree course or final semester of course can also apply to apply for this examination.
    -There is no minimum percentage required for this examination.

all the best..........

AKASH.BHALODI Array

Yes you are eligible for giving the UPSC exam for the post of IAS because every graduate student are eligible for the exam .

The criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .

-> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .

-> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .

-> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

So based on above criteria you are eligible for the exam .

The exam pattern is below :

There are three steps in the exam .
    1) preliminary exam
    2) main exam
    3) interview
    The final selection based on the marks available in the main exam plus interview .
    Preliminary exam consist two papers and one should pass this exam for qualifying for the next round .
    Main exam consists 9 descriptive type paper
    1-Any language
    2-english
    3-essay
    4&5-general study
    6&7-optional subject-1
    8&9-optional subject-2
    The first two papers marks are not considered but one should pass this two paper compulsory .

For the CSE engineer , there are no optional subject related to CSE branch .

You should select maths as one optional subject and then based on your interest select another optional subject .

Good Luck

sreeswami Array

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

RIYA19 Array

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam being a computer science & engineer student? What will be my optional subjects?

Hallow friends,
    The students who are the passed out from any recognized institute is eligible for the IAS exam..
    The criteria for this exam is:
    1)age should be 21-30 for general candidate,3 years,5 yeras relaxation for OBC,SC respectively;
    2)The % of HS lebel is minimum 55%
    3)The attempt for the general candidate is (4),7 and unlimited for OBC,SC respectively as per as the Govt rule.

stages of the EXAM::
    Preliminary exam
    Mains exam
    Personal interview

question pattern: :

English
    Analytical problems
    Data interpretation
    Basic computer knowledge
    Assertion and reason
    Logical reasoning

THANKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

sir,as u r telling about total 9 papers,,bt still i m confused about main exam paper so pls send me some papers of mains on my mail id;(sswati2562@yahoo.com)
    thank u,,

Unregistered

Sir i have passed my btech in june 2012 with instrumentation branch. what optional subjects should i choose? Is it compulsory to choose the subjects related to my engg. branch? Can i choose history & geography as optional subjects?

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    You apply after graduation give UPSC exam .You are computer
    science students.You apply this IAS exam after graduation
    with 60% marks minimum.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS EXAM CRETRAI:

1.You must be complete graduation with 60% minimum
    2.You must be indian and unmarried.
    3.Age limit 21 to 30 years .
    4.You give UPSC exam 4 times in whole life .
    GOOD LUCK

learn Array

dear friend,

IAS stands for Indian Institute Of Technology
    it is the adminstrative service of India

it exam is conducted by UPSC once a year

eligibility for the exam

you must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised board

age criteria
    • 21 to 30 years for general
    • 21 to 33 years for obc
    • 21 to 35 years for sc/st
    • 21 to 40 years for PH

citizenship

must have a Indian Citizenship

No of attempts
    4 attempts for general
    7 attempts for obc
    no limit for sc/st

process of selection
    preliminary exam
    mains exam
    interview

pattern of the exam

written exam consists of
    preliminary exam
    mains exam

preliminary exam consists of 2 papers

Paper I -- General Studies 150 marks
    Paper II -- An Optional subject 300 marks

subjects under general studies are
    Current Affairs from National and International Events,
    Logical Reasoning and Decision Making,
    Elementary Mathematics,
    Quantitative Ability,
    Data Interpretation from Graphic and Chart

pattern of mains exam

Unregistered

iam studying Information Technology b.tech 4th year and i want to write IAS ,am i eligible for this ,if so kindly give me full details

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

Yes... you are eligible to become IAS officer being a 4th year b.tech candidate of IT stream.
    You have to write Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.
    For this the candidates who have completed their Graduation from recognized college in any stream are eligible
    Final year candidates are also allowed for this exam.
    21-30 years is the age limit
    21-33 years for OBC, 35 years max for Sc/st and 10 year max for PH.

You need to apply online in UPSC website for Preliminary exam.
    If you crack prelims,then you will have to face Main exam and then Interview.

All the best...

RajveerSingh Array

Yes you are qualified to get the IAS Entrance exam being a computer technology and manufacture student.As per the norms and problems created by the IAS exam authority/committee board you will have transferred your scholar amount in virtually any control of a recognized College or equivalent qualification.You must have gained age 21 decades and must have not gained age 30 decades as on 1st September of the year of examination.And there's no such minimal proportion required.Your optional Subjects is likely to be Mathematics,Science,Chemistry,Management,Indian Record,Geography and Statistics.
    I hope this will allow you to in placing your objectives clear.Prepare well.Manage time.Work Hard.Have feel on God.You will certainly succeed.
    Best Wishes for the brilliant future.
    You're Eligible to look for the IAS examination.As a pc engineering student you can positively appear for the IAS examinations.You can decide optional matters linked to your course.You can decide computer technology as your optional subjects.You have to look for the Preliminary exam and Main exam for become IAS.First you must distinct preliminary exam then just you can appear for the Main Exam.After that you've to wait interview.Prepare properly for the exam very well.

Yes... you are qualified to become IAS officer being a 4th year b.tech candidate of IT stream.
    You've to create Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.
    Because of this the prospects who have completed their Graduation from recognized college in virtually any supply are qualified
    Final year prospects will also be allowed for this exam.
    21-30 decades is the age restrict
    21-33 decades for OBC, 35 decades max for Sc/st and 10 year max for PH.

You will need to apply on the web in UPSC website for Preliminary exam.
    If you break prelims,you then will need to face Main exam and then Interview.

structure of the exam

published exam includes
    preliminary exam
    mains exam

preliminary exam includes 2 papers
    Paper I -- Basic Studies 150 scars
    Paper II -- An Optional subject 300 scars

matters below basic reports are
    Current Affairs from National and Global Events,
    Plausible Reasoning and Choice Making,
    Elementary Mathematics,
    Quantitative Power,
    Knowledge Model from Graphic and Graph

Unregistered

sir please tell me,can i give ies and ips exam when i m a coputer science engineer?

er.animesh6 Array

Hello Friend,

Yes you are eligible for Indian Administrative Services(IAS) as per you academic qualification.

But in order to apply for IAS examination you have to fulfill the following criteria.

# Candidate have to pass graduation or equivalent from recognized University.

# Final year graduation candidate are also eligible for IAS Examination.

# Age of the candidate have to reach at 21 years as on 1st August of the year of Examination and must not exceed 30 years. 5 years age relaxation is given for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically Disables.

# Citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan are eligible for IAS.

# Maximum no. of attempts in IAS is four for generals and seven for SC/ST and physically disables.No restriction for SC/ST

RECRUITMENT PROCESS IN IAS:

-> Civil Service Aptitude Test.

-> Civil Service Main Examination.

-> Interview.

-> Medical Test.

There are 25 optional subjects in IAS in Civil Service Main Examination and you have to choose any two optional subject.

As per you academic qualification(B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering) better optional subjects will be:

-> Mathematics.

-> Physics.

-> Statistics.

-> Chemistry.

All the best.

shine.com Array

Hello my Dear Friend ...

I.A.S --- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ..

To be eligible ..

You must have completed the " GRADUATION " from a recognized university

And also the final year candidates are also eligible to appear for the exam

Being you are a B.Tech .. you are Eligible only if

<> You are a Final Year student

<> or Passed the B.Tech

Other wise you are not eligible to appear for the exam

There are so many various Optional Subjects are there

They are :

() Botany

() Chemistry

() Civil Engineering