Unregistered

Am i eligible for GATE councelling after getting 23 marks and 56455 rank in GATE exam ? When the GATE counselling is going to start ?

hai i am manikanta.i got a 56455 rank in gate exam . My marks in gate exam is 23. Can i aligible for gate counsiling .can i got a m.tech seat in gate counseling.and when the gate counseling starts.

King Array

Re: Am i eligible for GATE councelling after getting 23 marks and 56455 rank in GATE exam ? When the GATE counselling is going to start ?

Hello Dear,
    You should have provided some more details like to which Category do you belong and what was the stream in which you had appeared the GATE exam.
    But as you haven't mentioned these required details so i am unable to tell you exactly whether you have qualified or not.
    If you belong to a General Category and EC(Electronics and Communication) stream then you are not eligible as the cut-off marks is 25 out of 100.
    If you are an OBC category candidate with EC stream then you are eligible as the cut-off marks is 22.5 out of 100.
    If you are an SC/ST/PD category candidate with EC stream then you are eligible as the cut-off marks is 16.67 out of 100.

So it depends like wise for each and every stream of engineering which are applicable for GATE exam.

But on overall with 23 marks you are not eligible or you are not qualified if you are a General Category candidate.

You can only go to the Counselling if you have a Valid GATE score card.To get a Valid GATE score card you have to qualify by getting more marks than cut-off.
    Those who have scored above the cut-off marks are qualified and will get their Valid GATE score card early in comparision to those who have not qualified in the GATE exam.

The Counselling process will be starting from the 2nd week of April.First the seats at IITs and IISC Bangalore will be filled up.And after that only the counselling process at NITs and other reputed institutes will be started.

So apply for the institutes according to the procedure given in the respective Institutes Official Websites.

I hope this will help you.

Good Luck.
    You can prepare for GATE exam to be held next year.So prepare well.

Unregistered

Re: Am i eligible for GATE councelling after getting 23 marks and 56455 rank in GATE exam ? When the GATE counselling is going to start ?

i got 28.33marks, 8689 rank and 335 score in 2011 gate and i was bc-d candidate, which college is suitable to me please give me reply

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,

Sorry my Friend you got very low marks in GATE exam it means you have no option to taking admission through GATE this year, feel relax and prepare for next year exam and defiantly you will get high marks

Only few college announce for counselling date NIT

best of luck

Unregistered

hi
    i got 24 marks n gate .. and im from bc.d category ....which colleges are suitable for me pls give me reply as early as possible

kishore Array

Dear friend,
    sorry to say you because you are not eligible for gate counsiling.
    Try and try until success will come.dont worry about that and take motive for next attempt.
    All the best for your preparation.

Unregistered

i got the gate score card now. but my mark is just 24..am i qualified ?can i use dis score card for mtec admission at any of the universities..?please reply?

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>>> First Of All.,You not mention the your Caste Category.,Getting the 23 marks in GATE exam is good .,But if you are a SC/ST/PH or BC Candidate you are Eligible for the GATE Councelling.,You will get the Seat in Good College For the M.Tech..,

>>> If you are General Category Candidate you are Not Eligible for the GATE Councelling..,

>>> So..,Go through the Best Universities in India..,

........GOOD LUCK.........

Unregistered

I GOT 30 MARKS IN GATE EXAM BELONGS TO CS OBC CATEGORY.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR GATE COUNCELLING.TILL NOW I WON'T APPLY FOR ANY COLLEGE.EVEN I DON'T KNOW THE PROCEDURE TO APPLY.PLS GUIDE ME...................PLS.........

Shekhar Pandey Array

Dear friend,

As your rank is 56455 then it is rarely not possible to get seats in IIT's. But Gate counselling is only for the IIT's and other institutes not come in counselling. Those institutes follow the Gate score card you should have to apply there separately. Because except IIT's other institutes published there M.Tech admissions on the merit of the number of application received by the institutions. So without wasting any time apply in some top Gate accepting institutes. May be where you apply in that institutes your marks come in merit. So, about future we can't say anything.

All the very best

Unregistered

Hi dear sir/ madam.
    i am from cs stream.
    i have got 32.67 marks in gate-2012 and cutoff was 31.5 marks and i am in general category.
    and my gate score is : 235
    and AIR is 19685
    is that possible for me to get any NIT's...
    plz suggest me colleges as i know nothing about this...

saikiran Array

sir i am OBC candate, i got 23 marks, gate score 222 and i got Gate rank 2924 in Gate CY Chemistry and i got Score card also,pls tell me iam qualified or not?

sumit pandey Array

Hi,

Sorry my Friend you got very low marks in GATE exam it means you have no option to taking admission through GATE this year, feel relax and prepare for next year exam and defiantly you will get high marks

Only few college announce for counselling date NIT

best of luck

Unregistered

sir i m from gen. category.i got 23.33 mark in gate2012.am i eligible for councelling

sourav674 Array

as per your rank you are not eligible for the counselling. sorry dear friend..

Unregistered

Am i eligible for gate after getting 25.6 mark(BC) and AIR 10628 in CE ? shall i apply any college with this score??

kowsalya Array

Am i eligible for gate after getting 25.6 marks(BC) and AIR 10628 in CE ??
    My gate score is 219
    shall i any college with this score?

Unregistered

I got 31 marks(S.C category) and AIR 835 .in Aeronautical stream.. Is there any possibility to get in NIT's? Or MIT?

Unregistered

sir,
    i got 6235 rank in gate 2012 with my gate score as 28.33 in the stream of ECE .i belongs to general category. can i get seat in universities like jntu.plaease reply me

burnnearn4u Array

Dear students NITS are going to conduct a common test for gate 2011 and 2012 candidates whose online form and date i am listing below.
    If you have score more than cutoff score than you will get some college but score must be above 400 to get a good seat.
    If you belongs to sc,st,pd category then you will surely get a seat in nit and may get call from iit's
    so best of luck

Activity Date
    Advertisement Date 14/15th March
    Detailed Advertisement 16 April
    Availability of online application, choice filling starts after application fee payment is completed 27 April
    Last date of online registration and fee payment (closes at 5 PM 15 May
    Send Email and SMS to those who have not filled even one choice yet 18 and 21 May
    Closing date of online choice filling 22 May
    Automatic locking of choices 12 Midnight 22 May
    1st Round of allotment 28 May
    Reporting to the nearest institute after 1st round of allotment 1st week of June
    2nd Round of allotment 11 June
    Reporting to the nearest institute after 2nd round of allotment 3rd week of June
    3rd Round of allotment 21 June
    Physical Reporting to alloted institute by all allottee (this includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd round) Last week of June
    Surrender of seat at any reporting centre (any allottee) Last week of June
    Vacancy declaration 2 July
    Choice modification 1st week of July
    4th Round of allotment 9 July
    Physical Reporting to allotted institute 3r Week of July
    Classes start (All NITS) Any day during 11,13,16 July
    Withdrawal 11-13, 16 July
    Vacancy Declaration 18 July
    Institute Spot at all NITs 23/24/25/26/27 July
    Hope this will guide you............

Unregistered

hi,i m gyan,my gate score 186,rank 13529,CE mark 23,category GENERAL ,CAN I GET A GOOD SEAT IN ANY IIT,NIT ETC.

Unregistered

whether 2011 gate score card is eligible for this year for joining m.e through gate cat...... i'm obc cateogry.. and my score is 28.83.. will i get possible to attend counselling(2012)...

Unregistered

sir, Is this diploma students or not eligible for gate from this year?

vengat Array

Dear friend,
    please try to get more marks in next time gate..
    My opinion you will go to job..because of u get one year experience untill next gate exam..
    All the best

Unregistered

im saravanan my gate score 20.33 for ec obc category will i get possible attend counscilling (2012) i get good colleges in tamilnadu please answer procedure when the gate counselling is going start

Unregistered

I am eligible for gate with score of 368 ,rank of 14149 ,marks of 23 ( obc ) candidate .shall i apply any nits and university with this score??if a have a chance how can i apply please suggest me

Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE councelling after getting 22 marks and 62275 rank in GATE exam with cse stream(obc ctegory)?

Unregistered

sir i have a question,,,,if i get thapar in first counselling and i booked seat and submit fee and original docs but in third counselling i got nit ,ku then can my gate score card eligible for that purpose....or can i move to that????

subham21 Array

Dear friend,

GATE entrance examination is one the most top competitive entrance examination in India.It is conducted by IIT for admission

in M.tech in verious IITS ,NITS & other universities.you have mentioned that you have scored 23 marks .If you belongs to sc/st/obc

then you have chance to admission into various good colleges .But if you belong to general category then you have no chance to admission

in this year.It is better for you for try for next year with good preparation. Always be confident that you can do anything & with this positiveness

you can get success.

Best of luck..........

Unregistered

HEI FRIENDS I HAVE GATE SCORE 362 IN ECE AND OBC STUDENT,CAN I HAVE THE CHANCES OF GETTING INTO NITS

choco28 Array

dear friend,

sorry to say but you are not eligible for GATE counselling this year
    as you scored very less marks

GATE is really a very tough exam which gives admisssion to NITs for post graduation
    and its difficult to get selected in it

it really takes lots of hard work

so dont get depressed by it
    again prepare for it

and do hard work

then surely next time you will get selected in it

till now
    very few colleges have announced their date for counselling

Unregistered

Hi............
    mai i know the counselling dates for qualified candidate in cse with 32 morks and his rank is 20823, score is 316.
    please reply me soon as posible.

Unregistered

hi,my gate score 353,rank 9540,category GENERAL ,CAN I GET A GOOD SEAT IN ANY IIT,NIT ETC.

Unregistered

hi, i got 269 gate score, AIR 20920, EE stream, i belongs to ST category, can i get seat in NIT\'s? i already registerd fo\'s? plz suggest me.

senasit09@gmail.com Array

Hi,
    You got very poor marks in Gate Examination.And you are not eligible for take a seat in Gate counselling..I think you should take an admission in a good institute and prepare for next time..If you looking for any institute for your preparation I can suggest you once i.e,THE GATE ACADEMY.

adi_netgenie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hai i am manikanta.i got a 56455 rank in gate exam . My marks in gate exam is 23. Can i aligible for gate counsiling .can i got a m.tech seat in gate counseling.and when the gate counseling starts.
    No My friend... YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE !!!!
    no.jpg

*Your Marks is extremely low and your rank is very poor !!!!
    With this rank and marks you cannot get admission to any good college accepting GATE score for admission ....

*My Personal Suggestion is that you should not go with this GATE score as you will not get any good or standard college
    You should take some very good preparation and sit for GATE again next year !!

Else you can go for Colleges which do not require GATE score for admission
    Some Colleges that you may opt for :

• Anna University, Guindy, Chennai
    • Jawahral Nehru University(JNU), School of Environmental Sciences, New Delhi
    • Aligarh Muslim University, Zafarabad Road, Jaunpur
    • Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra
    • University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
    • Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
    • Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
    • Jamia Hamdard University, Kamdard Nagar, Delhi
    • Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    • Tamil Nadu GD Agricultural University, Coimbatore
    • University of Jammu,
    • Awadh University, Faizabad
    • College of Science,GITAM University,Andhra Pradesh
    • Institute of Environment Education And Research,Bharati Vidyapeeth,Maharashtra

You can get admission to these colleges as these colleges do not require high marks in GATE
    You should be a engineering graduate and you may sit for GATE ....
    *the main point is that NO GATE SCORE IS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION IN M.TECH In THESE COLLEGES

*So you still have the chance of going for M.Tech this year.....you may opt for it if you wish to !
    The best thing will be if you try for GATE one more time next year
    take you decision and work accordingly!!

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

Am i eligible for GATE councelling after getting 15.37 marks and 46154 rank in GATE exam ? When the GATE counselling is going to start ?

srinivas933 Array

Hi friend,You should have provided some more details like to which Category do you belong and what was the stream in which you had appeared the GATE exam.But as you haven't mentioned these required details so i am unable to tell you exactly whether you have qualified or not.If you belong to a General Category and EC(Electronics and Communication) stream then you are not eligible as the cut-off marks is 25 out of 100.If you are an OBC category candidate with EC stream then you are eligible as the cut-off marks is 22.5 out of 100.If you are an SC/ST/PD category candidate with EC stream then you are eligible as the cut-off marks is 16.67 out of 100.So it depends like wise for each and every stream of engineering which are applicable for GATE exam.But on overall with 23 marks you are not eligible or you are not qualified if you are a General Category candidate.You can only go to the Counselling if you have a Valid GATE score card.To get a Valid GATE score card you have to qualify by getting more marks than cut-off.Those who have scored above the cut-off marks are qualified and will get their Valid GATE score card early incomparision to those who have not qualified in the GATE exam.The Counselling process will be starting from the 2nd week of April.First the seats at IITs and IISC Bangalore willbe filled up.And after that only the counselling process at NITs and other reputed institutes will be started.So apply for the institutes according to the procedure given in the respective Institutes Official Websites.I hope this will help you.Good Luck.

RajveerSingh Array

You should have provided some details as to which category you belong and what was the current which had appeared in the GATE examination.
    But since you did not mention these details because I do not need I can tell you exactly whether or not qualified.
    If you belong to a general category and the EC (Electronics and Communications) current time are not eligible as the cut marks is 25 out of 100.
    If you are a candidate from OBC category with the current EC then you are eligible, such as cut marks is 22.5 out of 100.
    If you are a candidate category of SC / ST / FD with the current EC, then you are eligible, as the cut marks of 100 is 16.67.

So it depends, like wise for the running of each of the engineering that are applicable for the GATE exam.

But in general, with 23 brands that are not eligible or are not qualified, if you are a General Category candidate.

You can only go to the Department if you have a valid GATE score card.To obtain a valid GATE score card you have to qualify to get more results than cutting.
    Those who scored above the cut marks are qualified and get your card valid GATE score early in comparison with those who have not qualified in GATE examination.

The counseling process will be based on the 2 nd week of April.First settlements in the IIT and IISc Bangalore up.And be filled only after the orientation process in the NIT and other reputed institutes will up.

So I applied to colleges in accordance with the procedures described in the respective official sites Institutes.

As your rank is 56455, then it is rarely possible to get seats in IIT. But the door is only advisory to the IIT and other institutes that do not come into counseling. The schools follow the scorecard door you should have the application of that separately. Because apart from other institutes IIT M.Tech admissions published there on merit than the number of requests received by the institutions. So without wasting any time apply in some institutes accepting the top door. Can be applied in the institutes where the brands come on merit. Therefore, the future we can not say anything.

Unregistered

Hi frnds,, i\'m a final year engg student of mechanical stream preparing for GATE-2013, pls tell me what is the minimum marks i should obtain to get into IIT\'s ... Also i do not have a caste certificate with me ...
    pls guide me,,,i\'m very confused

Badshah Array

Hi guest, GATE stands for Graduate aptitude test for engineering. The GATE exam is administered by the Indian institute of technology (IIT). Since you haven't mentioned the caste category, it would be difficult to define it. If you are a general category candidate then your 23 marks and 56455 rank in GATE exam would not be sufficient in order to get admission in any colleges. But if you are a Sc/st candidates, then there may be certain chances to get admission. Thanx

RIYA19 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Friend.......

..............GATE entrance examination is one the most top competitive entrance examination in India.It is conducted by IIT for admission

in M.tech in verious IITS ,NITS & other universities.you have mentioned that you have scored 23 marks .If you belongs to sc/st/obc

then you have chance to admission into various good colleges .But if you belong to general category then you have no chance to admission

in this year.It is better for you for try for next year with good preparation. Always be confident that you can do anything & with this positiveness

you can get success.

.....So, my friend, Work Herd & I am, sure that you will surely succeed in your in your future regarding your career.....

....So, best of luck....
    ....With regards from RIYA19....

Unregistered

my name is priya.....
    i got 22 marks in gate and 58765 rank i belongs to sc.....so which collage i ll get the m.tech can u plz tell bcz i dnt no anythg....and when will the counselling date.......

thelearner Array

yes you are eligible if you have appear for there previous round by paying the minimal fees

CAP Round are conducted by NIT only
    well affter completion of 3 Rounds in NIT
    4th round is for counselling round
    they publish vacancies
    based on that you have to go to particular institute to get admission based on merit list

super.1 Array

You should have provided some details as to which category you belong and what was the current which had appeared in the GATE examination.

But since you did not mention these details because we can't tell exactly whether or not qualified.

>> If you belong to a general category and the EC (Electronics and Communications) current time are not eligible as the cut marks is 25 out of 100.

>> If you are a candidate from OBC category with the current EC then you are eligible, such as cut marks is 22.5 out of 100.

>> If you are a candidate category of SC / ST / FD with the current EC, then you are eligible, as the cut marks of 100 is 16.67.

So it depends, like wise for the running of each of the engineering that are applicable for the GATE exam.

As your rank is 56455, then it is rarely possible to get seats in IIT. But the door is only advisory to the IIT and other institutes that do not come into counseling.

The schools follow the scorecard door you should have the application of that separately. Because apart from other institutes IIT M.Tech admissions published there on merit than the number of requests received by the institutions.

So without wasting any time apply in some institutes accepting the top door. Can be applied in the institutes where the brands come on merit. Therefore, the future we can not say anything.

Unregistered

Am i eligible for NIT - Allahabad with gate score 379 with marks 26.33 in BC - category? or otherwise the eligible colleges for me in north india?

aalarif Array

Sir/Mada,the cut off 2013 gate are-
    1) General category- 31 marks
    2) ST/SC category-22 marks
    3) OBC category-26 marks

so,sir if you fall in GEN/OBC category-you are not qualified
    if you in ST/SC category-you are qualified.
    hope the reply will be helpful.

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

You forgot to mentioned your Category which means to which caste you belong
    Because Qualifications in GATE exam is different for Different category students,
    For general category the qualifications marks for GATE exam are 25.0 marks
    For OBC category students qualification marks are 22.5 marks
    For Sc/St category students qualification marks are 16.67 marks

If you belong to General category then you are not qualified, but if you belong to OBC or Sc/St category then you are qualified.
    Still the dates of Gate counselling are not released you can check in the website http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/

Thank you...

Unregistered

Hi sir...
    I got 38 marks in GATE 2013 in EC stream(OBC). Am i elligible for NITs.? Tell me the names of NITs for which i am elligible.

Unregistered

sir/mam,
    i got about 35.33 in gate 2013 .but i belong to general category.but the qualifying mark was 38.eventhough i got a score card .am i eligible to go admission for m.tech in gate category

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Any Question?