Unregistered

Am I eligible for BCA being commerce student with Maths?

hello,i am student of commerce and maths in 12, is am eligible for bca

popeye Array

Re: Am I eligible for BCA being commerce student with Maths?

BCA - Bachelor of Computer Apllication

After 12th, the candidates are eligible for this course. It is an undergraduate course of 3 years duration.

So you are eligible to apply BCA Course being commerce student with Maths.

The course structure is eihter divided in semester mode or in year mode.

To get admission in BCA your 12th marks are consider. So to get good college your 12th percentage must be good. Some colleges conducts their own entrance exam.

Many top colleges will conducts its own test and after clear that test you will get admission in BCA course.

BCA will give you knowledge about computers and information technology. After completing BCA course, You can join IT Companies on following posts :

Job roles for BCA Graduates
    ============================

Program analyzer

Software Development

Software Testor

IT help desk

System testing

Sadaf yasmin Array

It is a common mistake among 10+2 students that only Science stream students can apply for Bachelors in Computer Applications (BCA) course. However this is competely incorrect. Commerce stream students like yourself can also apply for BCA.The only eligibility for BCA coursewhich deals with software, hardware and networking field is 10+2 with Mathematics as oneof the subject. This makes commerce stream students also eligible for the BCA course. However some colleges may have different sets of criteria.For example, some colleges wantyou to score at least 45 percent marks in 10+2 to be eligible for Bachelors in Computer Applications. However this rule isnot applied in all colleges.What you will have to do is appear in a entrance exam of the college for admission in BCA course. The BCA entrace exam mainly focuses on your Mathematics ability, command over English language, Logical reasoning. Most questions related to Mathematics and General English in the entrance exam are taken from the class 12th.Top BCA colleges in India are:JK Business School (JKBS)IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT)NIT BhopalNIT RaipurVIT University VelloreNIT WarangalCochin Univ of Science & TechUniversity of PuneNIT KurukshetraI should warn you that scope after BCA alone is not good in India these days. In fact most bachelors courses suffer from same problem except B.Tech. Fora secure future I would recommend you to study furtherafter BCA. Taking the MCA courseafter completing BCA would be the ideal choice.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    BCA is a under graduate course after passing 10+2 th exam.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR BCA
    A student must pass 10+2th exam from any recognizing board with subject Mathematics
    A student must pass with minimum 50% in 10+2 th exam.
    Student must be a citizence of India.
    Some university keep an age limit of 17 years.
    Best of luck.

siddjain93 Array

Yes friend, You are eligible to do BCA being a commerce student having Mathematics subject in 12th.

BCA stands for BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION . It is a three years under Graduate course dealing in software, hardware and networking.

There are some eligibility criteria which you have to fulfilled for doing BCA course. The eligibility criteria is-

1.You should have passed your 12th from any State board or a recognised university.
    2.You should have got at least 50% in your graduation.
    3.You should have studied Maths in your 12th.

Most of the institutes conduct entrance tests for admission in this course.
    The question consists of subjects like Maths,Logical Reasoning,English,Basic Computer Knowledge,etc.

Some of the best institutes for BCA course in India are-

• Integrated Academy of Management and Technology
    • Amity School of Computer Science, CCS University(AFFIlated) Noida
    • Institute of Technology and Science, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
    • Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh
    • Institute of Management-Developmental Research, Makhanlal Chaturvedi
    • Andhra University
    • Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Banasthali
    • Guru Gobind Singh IP University , Kashmere Gate
    • College of Business Studies(CBS) Delhi University
    • Delhi University
    • Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology, Tughlakabad, New Delhi
    • Madurai University, Madurau
    • Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
    • Maharshi Dayanand University, Rothank

megh@ Array

YES, friend you are eligible to apply for BCA.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is an undergraduate course of 3 years. In this 3 years the candidates are provided knowledge about software, hardware and networking field of computer.
    BCA is really very interesting and provide a good career option in future. You can even go for Master of Computer Application(MCA) which will provide you further scope.

There are entrance exams held for the admission in BCA in some colleges. Some other colleges look for the 10+2 marks for admission.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

1)You should have passed the 10+2 exams from a recognized board.

2)You should have studied Mathematics in the 10+2 level.

3) You should secure at least 50% marks in maths at you 10+2 exam.

The questions are based on General Computer Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, English and Mathematics.
    There are many IT companies who hire BCA graduates.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?