Unregistered

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if don't have 55% marks in graduation? Any other suitable career option for me?

in ibps p o he asked for 55% in graduation but i didn "t get 55% marks means i am not eligible for p o?
    tell me the any other career option suitable for me...

venkataprakash Array

Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if don't have 55% marks in graduation? Any other suitable career option for me?

Eligibility Criteria :-

The candidate have to completed graduate degree from a recognized University and the candidate must secure at least 55% aggregate marks in their examination and 5 % relaxation is given to the reserved categories.Final year candidates are not eligible to apply for PO examination.

The candidate age should be between 21 years and 30 years and relaxation is given to the reserved categories.

IBPS PO :-

The candidate need to completed graduate degree with any desire subject from a recognized University and there is no Specific percentage bar required for this examination and final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

The candidate age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

So,according to the eligibility criteria you are eligible to apply for IBPS examination.'

More details,visit the official website :- www.Ibps.in

bipin Array

Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if don't have 55% marks in graduation? Any other suitable career option for me?

No , this is not true that if you are not get 55% then you are not eligible to Bank PO Exam. To apply for Probationary officer Post, You have to complete your Graduation because Graduation is the Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination.

You can appear for bank PO Examination only if your age should be less than 30 years, You have to attained the age of 21 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The selection are based on written examination, Group discussion and Personal Interview.

Written examination is conducted in 2 stages , Objective and Descriptive.

If you cracked the written examination, then you are eligible to appear for Final Interview and then you will become Probationary officer in Bank.

To Know more about IBPS visit : http://www.ibps.in

BISWARUPYOGI Array

You can join in BANK PO exam through IBPS or SBI PO exam.Because your graduation marks is above 55%.

If You have scored 50% marks in graduation degree then you are applicable for SBI PO exam.But you degree must be valid.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

For more details about SBI PO exam , You can visit to http://http://www.statebankofindia.com/

The another way is IBPS PO exam.If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 34 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

For more details about IBPS PO exam , You can visit to http://www.ibps.in/

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    in ibps p o he asked for 55% in graduation but i didn "t get 55% marks means i am not eligible for p o?
    HI!
    I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Bank P.O exam because you not get 55% or above in graduation.

You can apply for other job like:-
    > I.A.S
    > I.P.S
    > I.F.S
    > ARMY
    > NAVY
    > AIR FORCE

You can also apply for M.B.A etc

GOOD LUCK!

param pita Array

Dear friend,
    You can join in BANK PO exam through IBPS or SBI PO exam.Because your graduation marks is above 55%.

If You have scored 50% marks in graduation degree then you are applicable for SBI PO exam.But you degree must be valid.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

For more details about SBI PO exam , You can visit to
    http://http://www.statebankofindia.com/

The another way is IBPS PO exam.If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 34 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .

IBPS PO :-

The candidate need to completed graduate degree with any desire subject from a recognized University and there is no Specific percentage bar required for this examination and final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

The candidate age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

So,according to the eligibility criteria you are eligible to apply for IBPS examination.'

More details,visit the official website :-
    www.Ibps.in

p.k. Array

hii

friend ... BANK eligibility criteria for Po post differs from bank to bank so don't think that you are not eligible because if u score with good marks in IBPS written exam AND do well interview then u can be selected on your rank basis .

But if you are not interested then You can try for UPSC exam or other civil services exam .

~~~ all the best

sumansin Array

You can apply for IBPS PO exam because IBPS has not decleared any percentage criteria for applying po post yet.

IBPS conduct the bank exam every year for po and clerk for 19 public sector of bank.

For po post you must have graduate degree in any decipline from recognised university.

Age of candidate should be 20 to 30 for open category.

Relaxation for reserve category.

For sc/st/ age is 35 year.

For obc age is 33 year.

I am attaching IBPS po 2012 notification here. you check them.
    Attached Files

Hansa Sachdeva Array

Hello..
    My friend there are some banks which donot require 55% marks in graduation for a bank PO exam..
    So you can apply for those banks..
    Different banks set different eligibility criteria for the bank PO exams..
    So check the eligibility before applying..

GOOD LUCK

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    sorry!! you are not eligible for giving BANK PO exam because the eligibility criteria and other related details are given as below:-

- the candidate who apply for this post must have graduation degree in any stream with atleast 55% aggregate marks scored in graduation level.
    - secondly regarding the age limit , so a candidate must have age in between 20 to 30 years..

the entrance exam is conducted for the post of probitionary officer in the bank , you can check notification regarding the other jobs in the EMPLOYMENT NEWSPAPER ,

so, all the best......keep doing hard work

nanipj Array

Hi friend,

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to write that "BANK PO" exam.

Because the candidates who are attending to write probationary officer exam should have completed their graduation with an aggregate of 55%

And the age limit for writing this exam is 21 to 30 years.

And if you want to know further details please refer this site

http://www.ibps.in

Other jobs that you can do are:

1.) Date entry

2.) Call centre

3.) Army

4.) navy

etc....

ALL THE BEST

WITH REGARDS,
    nanipj

selvakumar Array

IBPS stands for Indian Institute of Banking Personnel Selection . This IBPS Conduct Common Written Examination for every year .

If your aspiring to apply for IBPS in PO Examination then you should satisfy the eligibility criteria like,

You should complete graduation in any discipline ( ie :- Commerce / Arts / Science ) with minimum 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . If your belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation is given for 50% percentage of marks .

You should have good computer knowledge and You should complete computer course from recognized university , The courses like, M.S office / Tally etc.. The Certificate will provide at the time of Interview .

Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates and OBC candidates .

~~ For SC/ST Candidates :- 5 Years
    ~~ For OBC Candidates :- 3 years .

The selection process for IBPS PO Examination is divided into three levels namely , Written Examination / Group discussion / Interview .

If your satisfy the Eligibility Criteria then your eligible to apply for this IBPS PO Examination ,

If your score below 55% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree then don't worry , There lot of option available for after graduation ,

You may apply for following Examination ,
    • CDS :- Combined Defence Service
    • NDA :- National Defence Academy
    • IAS :- Combined Defence Service
    • IPS :- Indian Police Service .

Buzz Array

IBPS stands for Indian Institute of Banking staff selection. IBPS check out this joint for books each year.

If you have the ambition to apply for the examination of an IBPS then you must meet the eligibility criteria such as,

And should be completed graduation in any discipline (ie: - Business / Arts / Science) with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. If you have a member of SC /ST candidate is then given a percentage of 50% relaxation of marks.

It should have a good knowledge of computer and must complete the computer course from a recognized university, such courses, the Office MS / Tally etc.. Will provide a certificate at the time of interview.

It should be aged 21 years to 30 years old and relaxation applies to the SC / ST candidates and candidates OBC.

For SC / ST candidates: - 5 years
    Candidates for OBC: - 3 years.

Divided into the selection process to check mail IBPS to three levels: the written examination / group discussion / interview.

If you meet the eligibility criteria then eligible to apply for this examination PO IBPS,

kullayappa Array

yes , you said correct . for the ibps p.o. exam a candidate should have minimum of 55% in his/her degree

but , please remember , as per the rules and eligibility criteria of ibps , a candidate who belongs to sc or st category is eligible to write the exam even if he/she having lessthan 55% but not lessthan 50% .

so, if you belong to sc or st category , then only you are eligible to write the exam .

one more important point is , some banks will also prefer the candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% in degree for the post .

so, please be sure about the percentage criteria for thet particular bank you are applying.

later , if you complete , mca or mba , than you can apply for p.o. posts nad if you complete mba , then you can apply for assistant manager posts in some banks .
    but , here also , you should have a minimum of 55%

Neelam Nailwal Array

Dear Friend,

If you not qualify this eligibility criteria it doesn't mean you are not eligible to apply for P.O IN any of bank .There are other banks also wher the min. marks in graduation required is 50% so please dont feel let down you are eligible to apply for many other government jobs.PLease search on UPSC portal.

All the Best...

Unregistered

i am 31 yr old is there any upper relaxation of age for females in any bank

wipro84 Array

Hi friend,

You are not eligible for the bank PO's exam.Due to 55% less than 55% aggregate in academics and 31 years old.

But you can apply through caste reservation criteria( you must belongs to either OBC or SC/ST caste category ).
    >>> QUALIFICATION FOR THE BANK PO'S :

1. Person should completed the graduation or any degree from recognized university and without any backlogs.

2. Minimum 60% aggregate in academics.

>>> RESERVATION CRITERIA IN BANK JOBS :

1. For GENERAL candidates NO reservation.

2. For OBC Candidates 3% reservation.

3. For SC/ST candidates 5% reservation.

4. For PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED candidates 10% reservation.

>>> AGE LIMIT FOR THE BANK PO'S IS :

1. For GENERAL candidates 21 - 30 years.

2. For OBC candidates 21 - 33 years.

3. For SC/ST candidates 21 - 35 years.

4. For PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED candidates 21 - 40 years.

>>> SELECTION PROCESS FOR BANK PO'S IS :

1. Written test.

2. Personal Interview.

>>> TOPICS FOR CLEARING THE BANK PO'S IS :

1. Aptitude & Reasoning questions.

2. General awareness questions.

3. General english.

4. Descriptive questions.

5. Computer awareness questions.

---------> Currently there is no notifications available in the banking sector.For knowing the notifications see the websites

1. http://www.sbi.co.in

2. http://www.ibps.in

3. http://www.rbi.in

----------> Instead of banking sector you can also apply for the other jobs like

1. Union Public sector jobs - UPSC.

2. Indian Oil Corporation Limited - IOCL.

3. DRDO.

4. GAIL.

5. Railway jobs.

6. Forest department jobs.

All the best.

ashok rks Array

Yes Your are eligible for Join the Bank Po job

Eligible criteria
    you need to Complete your undergraduate degree in any reputed University
    You need to minimum of 55% of mark as aggregate in your Under Graduate Degree

Age limit
    For General Candidate 18-28 years ofAge
    For OBC Candidate -18-31 years of Age
    For Sc/ST Candidate - 18-33 Years of Age

The Bank PO Exam will be based on the following subject
    Reasoning
    Aptitude
    Communication
    General Awareness
    Current Affairs

Some of the Best books for preparing the Bank PO exam
    SBI PO Previous Question Paper Solved by R.Gupta
    Bank Po Exam Guide book by R.Gupta
    A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S.Aggrawal
    An Advanced Approach to data Interpretation by R.S.Aggrawal
    Test of reasoning ability book by R.S.Aggrawal
    Upkar's SBI PO Examination
    Ramesh's bank PO,Previous year solved Papers
    For General general awareness & Current affairs by M.Laxmikanth
    English Grammar Book : Rain and Martin
    Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggrawal
    Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggrawal
    Objective General English by R.S.Aggrawal

aalarif Array

the educational andage eligibilitiy criteria for IBPS PO exam is -that the candidatemust have a bachelors or post graduate degree from a recognized university.
    and age limit-for general category-20-30 years
    for ST/SC category-20-35 years
    for OBC category-20-33 years
    so,sir,you are clearly eligible.

dharmesh99 Array

i am 31 yr old is there any upper relaxation of age for females in any bank
    Dear Friend,
    9e49846f1333363184987.4cdad777.m_e.jpg
    There is no any difference for Male or Female candidate to apply any bank exam.There is same criteria to apply any bank exam.
    If candidate want to apply as PO.Then Candidate must graduate from racognized university.
    Candidate's age must be 20-30 year for general category.
    For Reserved category age relaxation is valid.
    SC/ST 5 year,OBC 3 year,PWD 10 year.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

Unregistered

Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if don\'t have 55% marks in graduation? Any other suitable career option for me?

respectedsir,,
    i have 55% in degree am i eligible for ibps po exam sir? pls reply!
    sharumathi286@yahoo.com

eduforall Array

Hi,

There is no percentage criteria for IBPS CWE, however some banks have this criteria for calling shortlisted candidates for interview.

IBPS eligibility criteria includes -

Graduation from a recognised university.

Age between 20 - 30 years.

It has not set any percentage limit to apply for CWE, but when the results are out and banks notify about the interview, then banks set the percentage criteria for calling the selected candidates for interview.

Most of the banks require 50% marks in graduation and some require 55% marks.

So, you must apply for IBPS exam and then you can check banks notifications and then apply to those banks according to your percentage and their requirement.

randhirk.rk Array

Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if don\'t have 55% marks in graduation? Any other suitable career option for me?

respectedsir,,
    sharumathi286@yahoo.com
    Till now Minimum Eligibilty to sit in the IBPS PO exams is Graduation Pass in any Stream.
    Age should be between 21 and 30 years
    OBC gets 3 years age relaxations and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations.

But recently an Commitee appointed by Government under Dr Khandelwal has suggested that:

>> Min Educational Qualifications be changed to Graduation Pass with Minimum 60% marks
    >> Age should be between 21 and 28 years
    >> OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Also IBPS has now decided that PO exam will be held only once a year

Now next PO exam is expected to happen in June or July 2013
    So, you have to wait and see if IBPS implements these recommendations and make the changes in Eligibilty

Ajaygupta123 Array

Yes you are eligible for IBPS PO and clerical examination because you are a Graduate.

The basic requirement for IBPS PO and Clerical exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

But you have to be according to the age limit criteria of IBPS if you want to apply for it.

For IBPS clerical posts your age must be 18 to 28 years if you are general category.

For IBPS PO your age should be 18 to 30 years if you are general category.

There is age relaxation available for other categories according to the government rules.

The selection will be based on the marks obtained in the written exam and personal interview.

The objective type paper will have 5 sections and you have to pass in every section if you want to qualify the exam. There is negative marking for wrong answer hence you must attempt carefully.

If you qualify the objective type paper then you will be called for interview. The merit will be prepared after the interview and if you have good marks then you will get the job.

For more information visit http://www.ibps.in

Dharm27 Array

respectedsir,,
    sharumathi286@yahoo.com

Dear Aspirant,

There is no any Percentage Limit for applying Bank PO examination except some privet banks.......

There are mainly two types of Bank exam for that you are eligible that is 1). SBI PO and 2). IBPS PO Exam........

Eligibility and Criteria for PO Exam:

A candidate must have completed at least their Graduation degree in any field from Recognized Universites are eligible for it........

Final year of Graduation student can also apply for the same.......

Age Limit:

Age should be between 20 to 28 years......

There is age relaxation provided by Government to the reserved category as per Government Rule......

Exam Pattern:

1. Quantitative Aptitude
    2. Computer Knowledge
    3. Reasoning
    4. English Language
    5. Computer Knowledge
    6. General Awareness
    Each section will have 40 questions of one mark each. Thus each section would be of 40 marks and the complete test would be of maximum 200 marks. Candidate has to pass in each test separately........

All the best

With Regards........
    Dharm

velocity Array

As per the recent changes, here is the eligibility criteria to appear for PO Exam.

One should have completed Graduation with minimum of 60% of marks.

Here is the required age criteria.

A candidate of OC category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to appear for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.

This relaxations is upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The selection procedure for PO jobs is by

Written Exam
    Interview

Prepare well. All the best.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?