Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam having secured more than 75% marks in 12th standard?

Dear sir/mam,
    i am completed 10+2 above 75% can i eleiglible for recently called ibps exam
    bcoz in there advertisement the are require degre qualification
    plz let me know

randhirk.rk Array

Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam having secured more than 75% marks in 12th standard?

NO, you are not eligible to sit in the upcoming IBPS Clerks exams.
    Earlier the minimum eligibilty to sit in the Clerk exam was 12th Pass, but from this year onwards it has been chaged to Graduation Pass
    Age limits has also been changed to 20 years to 28 years
    OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations.

So complete your Graduation and than you can give the IBPS PO as well as the IBPS Clerks exams
    But you can still give the SBI clerks exams when the notification comes.
    The minimum eligibilty to give the SBI clerks exams is 12th Pass with Minimum 60% marks

Varam Array

Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam having secured more than 75% marks in 12th standard?

No, with 12th as your basic qualification, you are not eligible to give the IBPS Exams.

The basic qualification required to give IBPS Exam is any degree from recognized university.

Even though you scored good in your 12th, but that is not sufficient to be eligible to give IBPS Exam.

So, first complete your graduation and then apply for bank exams.

After completion of your degree, you can also give IBPS PO Exams.

The minimum age required to apply for IBPS Exams is 20 years and maximum is 30 years for general category.

Age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST.
    10 years for PWD.

Badshah Array

• Due to recent changes done by the Ibps (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection), you are not eligible for the Bank Clerk exam.
    • Earlier Intermediate passed students were eligible for this exam but now they are not eligible.
    • Now IBPS needs, minimum qualification of graduation in any stream from an recognised university.
    • So, you need to complete your graduation first then apply for this examination.
    • You can also check out, even the new age limit is 20 years to 28 years.
    • Age relaxations will be given for the reserved category.

choco28 Array

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection,
    19 banks come under IBPS

it conducts CWE for
    for clerk and Po posts
    two times in a year

CWE stands for Common Written Exam

CWE for clerk

you will need a bachelor's degree
    from a reognised board

age limit
    minimum age-21 yrs
    maximum age-28 yrs

relaxation to upper age limit is as follows
    3 yrs for obc
    5 yrs for sc/st
    10 yrs for PH

election process
    includes 2 phases
    written exam
    and after that
    interview

CWE for po

again you will need a bachelor's degree
    but this time you will need to score minimum of 50% in graduation

age limit

minimum age-21 yrs
    maximum age-30 yrs

age relaxation for upper ag elimit is a sfollows
    3 yrs for obc
    5 yrs for sc/st
    10 yrs for PH

selection criteria
    includes 2 phases

written exam
    and after that
    interview

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

You have a very good percentage in your 12th standard.I think you have not read the IBPS 2013 rules.
    Because IBPS has changed its Eligibility conditions, mainly in Educational Qualifications.You know that previously to Write IBPS clerk exam you need to have 12th pass, but dear friend now to write the minimum IBPS clerk exam you need to have Graduation degree in any discipline from recognized college. This is done due to huge competition for Bank jobs now a days. Because it is an Government job, With High Pay scale, and Low risk of Work.
    Your age should be between 20-28 years for Clerk post, and 21-30 years for PO post and age relaxation is provided if you belong to SC/St/OBC/PH candidate.
    Well dear friend, if you want to write IBPS exam for any post you need to have completed degree with prescribe age limit.

Thank you..

end of query Array

hi
    there are two different exams which are conducted by the ibps. the clerical exam demands the qualification that you should be having a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 12th. If you want to appear in the clerical exam then you can apply for the clerical exam.
    the other exam is the PO exam, in that exam you need to be a graduate from a recognized Indian university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in it. And if you want to appear in this exam then you should complete your graduation forst and then you will be allowed to give the examination.
    gud luck

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

If you have seen that IBPS has mentioned minimum educational qualification for CWE clerk is graduation then you must consider it official and 100% genuine information from the board because it is factual that from the CWE Clerk II 2012, IBPS has made bachelor's degree mandatory for IBPS CWE clerk examination but there is one advantage that IBPS did not fix the percentage marks in degree means those candidates who have scored only 40% marks in degree also may apply for IBPS CWE clerk examination so this is the facility provided by the board. There are some more changes has been done by IBPS for CWE clerk examination that are - Examination Pattern - Online Examination and Total 200 objective type questions will be asked for 200 marks and weighted standard score in selection procedure, common interview for all banks, computer literacy is compulsory etc.

So if you have passed only class 12th with 75% marks then you are not eligible to apply so I would like to suggest you that if you wants to get job in banking sector through IBPS exams then you should go to any good college or university and complete any bachelor's degree course as - BA/ BBA/ BCA/ B.Com/ B.Sc/ BE/ B.Tech etc. and make yourself eligible for IBPS CWEs

There is a good news for you and that is - SBI clerk examination because minimum eligibility criteria for SBI clerk examination is 12th passed in any subject from a recognized board with at least 60% marks and age must be between 18-28 years so you should apply for this examination because this is the upcoming examination of SBI and may be announced between June-July 2013 and start preparing for SBI clerk exam well because this year's SBI Clerk examination is also going to be conducted through online mode so you need hardcore preparation by using good books and practicing in coaching institutes

All the best

mk.gohel Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear sir/mam,
    i am completed 10+2 above 75% can i eleiglible for recently called ibps exam
    bcoz in there advertisement the are require degre qualification
    plz let me know

Hi Friend,

Sorry , you are not eligible for IBPS Clerk And PO exam after completing 12th std because minimum educational qualification is graduation degree. so first complete your graduation degree in any stream after you are eligible for IBPS clerk and PO exam...

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection

This exam is conducted by the 19 public Sector Bank of India.....

List of Banks :-

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

UCO Bank

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for IBPS Clerk and PO exam...

There is no any percentage criteria...

Good Knowledge of Computer Basic Application....

A candidate must be an indian....

Age Limit :-

For the Clerk Post age limit - 20 to 28 years...

For the PO Post age limit - 20 to 30 years...

Relaxation in upper age:-

OBC category - 3 years.

SC/ST category - 5 years.

PH/PWD category - 10 years.

All the best....

dipu99310 Array

hello friend

as per your details i would like to tell you that .

You have a very good percentage in your 12th standard.I think you have not read the IBPS 2013 rules.

Because IBPS has changed its Eligibility conditions, mainly in Educational Qualifications.You know that previously to Write IBPS clerk exam you need to have 12th pass, but dear friend now to write the minimum IBPS clerk exam you need to have Graduation degree in any discipline from recognized college. This is done due to huge competition for Bank jobs now a days. Because it is an Government job, With High Pay scale, and Low risk of Work.
    Your age should be between 20-28 years for Clerk post, and 21-30 years for PO post and age relaxation is provided if you belong to SC/St/OBC/PH candidate.
    Well dear friend, if you want to write IBPS exam for any post you need to have completed degree with prescribe age limit.

thanks

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,

Although you have very good percentage in Class XII but you are not yet eligible for IBPS examination. Because you have not complete you graduation degree.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IBPS CLERK:

-> Candidate have to pass Graduation from any government recognized University.

-> Candidate must have age in between 20 to 28 years. Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years while 5 years for SC/ST candidates. Physically Disable candidate wiil get 10 years age relaxation.

-> Only candidate who are a citizen of India can apply for IBPS.

-> Candidate must have computer knowledge and a 6 months Certificate from any reputed institution.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IBPS PROBATIONARY OFFICER(PO)

-> Candidate have to pass bachelor's degree from any recognized University.No minimum marks required for being eligible for IBPS PO.

-> Candidate must be able to read,write English language fluently.

-> Age of the candidate must be within 20-30 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate is a per central government rules.

-> Candidate must have to a citizen of India.

So after you finished your graduation you can apply for IBPS.

All the Best

BISWARUPYOGI Array

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. IBPS examination is conducted for the recruitment in the different public sectors banks. To appear in IBPS you need following criteria -

If you have Graduation degree from recognized university , then you are applicable for IBPS Clerk Exam.The minimum age criteria is 20 years and maximum 28 years for general category candidates.

12th standard candidate are not applicable for IBPS Clerk exam .

List of Best Books for the IBPS Clerk Exam

RS Agrawal - Reasoning, Mathematics and Computer Knowledge
    Kiran Publication - Practice Work Book
    Upkar Publication - Model and Previous years Papers
    Disha Publication - Practice Work Book
    Dr. Hari Prasad - English Language
    GK Publication - Current Affairs and Practice Book
    Arihant Publication - General and Banking Awareness
    Lucent Publication - Verbal Reasoning and Competitive Mathematics

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS http://www.ibps.in

violent viper Array

Hello,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IBPS Conducts common written exam for 20 banks.

List of 20 banks which are under IBPS are:

1. Allahabad Bank
    2. Indian Overseas Bank
    3. Andhra Bank
    4. Oriental Bank of Commerce
    5. Bank of Baroda
    6. Punjab National Bank
    7. Bank of India
    8. Punjab & Sind Bank
    9. Bank of Maharashtra
    10. Syndicate Bank
    11. Canara Bank
    12. UCO Bank
    13. Central Bank of India
    14. Union Bank of India
    15. Corporation Bank
    16. United Bank of India
    17. Dena Bank
    18. Vijaya Bank
    19. Indian Bank
    20. IDBI Bank

Eligibility for IBPS PO:

Educational qualification: Any degree from recognized university with minimum of 60%

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 20 years
    Maximum: 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST
    10 years for PWD.

As you scored above 60% in your post graduation, you need not worry, you are eligible for PO exam.

Syllabus for IBPS PO Exam:

1.Reasoning-50 Marks

2. Quantitative Aptitude-50 Marks

3.Computer Knowledge-50 Marks

4.General Awareness-50 Marks

5.English Knowledge-25 Marks

6.English Descriptive Paper-25 Marks

abhisek007 Array

Hi Friend,

images (1).jpgI am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to apply for the up-coming IBPS Exam. Because the eligibility criteria of IBPS Exam does not match with your criteria.

There are two types of different eligibility criteria for two different IBPS post, ie CLERK and PO.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
    ELIGIBILITY IBPS CLERK IBP PO
    EDUCATIONAL Graduation fom any recognized university
    from any stream.
    As per clerk.
    AGE 20 to 28 years.
    Age relaxation - OBC 3 years
    SC & ST 5 years
    20 to 30 years.
    Age relaxation - BOC 3 years
    SC & ST 5 years
    NATIONALITY Indian Indian
    So I suggest you that at first you complete your Graduation and then you will eligible for IBPS exam.
    Thank you. Wish you all the best.

sbhat Array

Dear friend IBPS conducts CWE for 20 PSU banks for the purpose of recruiting Clerk/Pos/IT Officers'/Splst.Officers'.

IBPS does not consider 12th marks as eligibility to appear for bank clerks CWE.

IBPS minimum eligibility for Ckerk CWE is:-

1.Education: Minimum a Graduate from the recognized University in any discipline can write IBPS CLERK CWE.

2.AGE: General: 20-28 years, relaxations for OBC: 3 years, S/c S/T: 5 years, PWD: 10 years, EX.servicemen: 10 years.

3.Nationality: Indian.

Thank You,

shine.com Array

Hello my Dear Friend ....

I.B.P.S. -- INSTITUTE OF BANKING AND PERSONAL SELECTION

IBPS has changed the Rules for getting in to the Clerk Category dear friend

I AM REALLY SORRY TO SAY THIS ... YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR THE EXAM

Because you have a look on the below eligibility criteria

YOU MUST POSSESS A GRADUATION FROM ANY RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY OR ANY EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION

And also so you are still completed
    12th class .. So you are not eligible

The minimum age must be
    " 20 " years

Maximum age is allowed up to
    " 28 " years

Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved candidates

OBC - 3 years

SC / ST -- 5 years

PERSONS WITH DISABILITY -- 10 years

TRY TO COMPLETE THE " GRADUATION " .. then only you will be eligible to appear for the I.B.P.S. exam

GOOD LUCK

rajpurohitt Array

Dear,

Yes you are Eligible for IBPS Examination But you are Only Eligible for Clerk Cadre Post in IBPS Examination.'' IBPS == Institute of Banking & Personnel Selection. ''

IBPS Examination is very Popular Exam for Banking Sector Recruitment for Various Posts.

IBPS Conduct Common Written Exam for Mainly PO/CLERK/IT Officer Post.

PO & IT Officer is High Rank Post. With 12t Class you are Only Eligible for Clerk Cadre Posts in Banking Sector.
    You have Very Good Percentage in 12th Class but you are Only Eligible for Clerk Cadre Post.

I give you Complete Details of It:-For Clerk Post:-

You must Complete your 12th Class from Recognized Board.
    Your Age Must Between 18 - 28 years.

For PO/IT Officer Post:

You Must Complete your Graduation Degree in any Stream from Recognized University.
    Your Age Must between 21 - 30 years.
    Age Relaxation:

5 years for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe.
    3 years For OBC Candidates.

Examination Pattern:

IBPS Exam is Completely Objective Type with Multiple Choice questions.
    Duration of Exam is 3 Hours. Negative Marking is Allowed in IBPS Examination.
    Exam paper Level is Vary with Rank of Post. Clerk Exam Level is Lower than PO/IT Officer Exam paper.

Paper Consist Questions Related to::

Verbal Reasoning
    Quantitative Aptitude
    Mathematics
    General English
    General Knowledge/Current Affairs
    Computer Knowledge

All The Best...........

santhosh44 Array

IBPS Eligibility criteria:

Sorry friend, you are not eligible for IBPS Clerk and PO exam after completing 12th std, because minimum qualification is candidate must hold a degree in any discipline from the recognized college / University

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking personal selection, conducts Common Written Examination (CWE).

Nationality : A citizen of India.

Age limit : Age between 20 to 28 years candidates are eligible.
    3 years age relaxation for OBC
    5 years age relaxation for SC/ST.
    10 years age relaxation for PWDS.

Education Qualification
    A candidate must holds Degree in any discipline from a recognized college/ University.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?