Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam in 3rd year of B.Tech? Details about the CDS colleges?

sir
    i m a student of btech biotech second year
    can i apply for cds entrance in third year
    i want to know the details of colleges of cds.......

randhirk.rk Array

Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam in 3rd year of B.Tech? Details about the CDS colleges?

NO, you cannot aply for the CDS exams while you being in the 2nd year of your Graduation.

You can definitely apply for the CDS exams when you are in the Final year of your graduation

If you couurse is of 3 years only, than YES, you can apply in the 3rd Year
    But if your Graduation course is of 4 years, than you can apply for the CDS exams in your 4th year

Eligibilty to apply for the CDS exams is:

Education:
    Indian Airforce- Graduation Pass with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
    Indian Navy - BE/BTECH
    Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
    Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream

AGE LIMITS-IMA- Between 19- 24 years
    OTA Between 19- 25 years
    NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
    AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam in 3rd year of B.Tech? Details about the CDS colleges?

Hi Friend,

Being a 2nd year Graduate you cannot apply for CDS(Combined Defense Service) exam.
    This exam is conducted by UPSC to hire the candidates in Indian Defense Service
    This exam is conducted for the students who complete their graduation from recognized college
    you can write this exam in your Final Year also.
    As this exam conducts twice a year, you can apply for this exam two times a year after your graduation degree.
    There is no minimum percentage criteria
    But you have to satisfy some other conditions also along with educational qualifications.
    Age limits;
    Minimum 19 years and
    Max of Army is 24 years, Max for Air Force is 23 years, and Max for Navy is 22 years.
    You need to be unmarried till the total training period is completed. Later you can marry.

Thank you..

Mr.N Arora Array

Dear aspirant you are a B.Tech asked to know the eligibility for CDS entrance exam.Being a 3rd year student you can not apply for CDS now.You are to wait till you read in final year of B.Tech to appear UPSC CDS.
    CDS(Combined defence services)entrance exam(not colleges as per question)is conducted by UPSC 2 times in a year.

Eligibility:

1.A graduate or a **final year degree candidate from the recognized University / Institution in any discipline can write CDS exam.

2.The age of the candidate must be within 19-25 years .

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

4.Male/Female both can write CDS examination.

5.Candidate must be unmarried.

After clearing written / physical/medical tests before appearing SSB interview.

For details visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you,

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ..

C.D.S. --- COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICES

And the eligibility is as follows

I AM REALLY SORRY TO SAT THIS dude

You are not eligible to apply for the CDS exam

Because you must have completed the Graduation

Final year graduates can also apply for the Exam

But you are not eligible to apply for

You apply for the Next year

Notification of Exam :::
    "" AUGUST "" & "" MARCH ""

Conduct of Exam :::
    "" FEBRUARY "" & "" AUGUST ""

ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK

Badshah Array

• CDS I.E Combined defence services is the defence sector entrance examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.
    • Final year student are eligibile for it, but pre final year student are not eligibile.
    • On the basis of your b.tech degree you can apply for indian army/Navy/air force/office training academy.
    • The age for joining Indian army is 19-24 years.
    • The age for joining Indian navy is 19-22 years.
    • The age for joining indian air force is 19-23 years.
    • The age for joining Officer training academy is 19-25 years.

anurag_1992 Array

hi dear,
    B.Tech course is of four years. So you cant appear for CDS in your 3rd year.
    You have to atleast be in 4th year or complete your graduation to be eligible to appear for CDS exam.

The eligibility criteria are
    Graduation complete
    Age limit
    For Army 19-24 years
    For Air Force 19-23 years
    For Navy 19-22 years.
    Must be an Indian
    Must not be married
    Or should be divorced.

So according to the eligibility criteria you can appear next year for CDS.

All the best

spider man Array

Hello friend
    >>No you can't apply for CDS exam after completing 3rd year b.tech
    >>You can apply CDS exam only after completing b.tech only
    >>Other wise you can also apply being in final year of b.tech
    >>CDS exam can be applied twice a year
    all the best

mk.gohel Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    sir

Hi Friend,

Combined Defense Services

This Exam is conducted every year by UPSC....

sorry , now you are not eligible for combined defense services exam but after completing graduation degree then you are eligible for this exam.....

Eligibility Criteria :-

Candidate must be a final year graduation student or must have completed graduation in any stream. are eligible for
    combined defense services exam....

Age Limit :-

Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years.

Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years..

Naval Academy : 19-22 Years..

Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years...

You must be medically fit then only you will be allowed to join defence....

Citizenship of India...

Books :-

9788178124377.jpg

9780071072151.jpg

9788178123806.jpg

All the best...

er.animesh6 Array

Hello Guest,

CDS stands Combined Defense Service which is a recruitment examination for the post in Indian Air Force Academy, Indian Navy Academy, Indian Military Academy. Officer Training Academy.

A candidate can apply for CDS if he can fulfill the following Criteria.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

* Educational Qualification- Candidate must be graduated from any recognizing university. BE/B.Tech is necessary for the post in Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

* Age Limit- Between 18 to 25 year. 5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

* Citizenship- Indian.

* Physical Health- Good. Ratio of Height and weight should be maintained.

* Eye Site- Eye site should be good. 6/6 near vision for normal eye.

As you are in 2nd year of engineering.So you cannot apply for CDS now. After passing B.Tech you can apply for CDS.

All the best.

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Dear you are pursuing 4 year duration B.Tech degree that belongs to engineering stream and now you are in second year of your bachelor's degree so that you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination at this time but when you will complete 3 year of your bachelor's degree and come in fourth year then only you will be eligible to apply for UPSC Combined Defense Service Examination because only those candidates can apply for this exam either who have completed bachelor's degree in required stream or pursuing final year of bachelor's degree so that you have to complete 2 year more in your degree and when you pursue final year then you will be eligible and considered as eligible to apply for various IMA, INA, AFA and OTA section exams

You are pursuing engineering degree that makes you eligible to apply for all four sections under CDS because for IMA, you should have degree in any discipline but for INA and AFA you can apply through engineering degree and OTA is common as IMA and age limits are also follows by the board which is 19-24 for IMA, 19-22 for INA and 19-23 for AFA section and 19-25 years for OTA section

Examination Pattern for IMA, INA and AFA section exam

General Knowledge - 100 marks - objective type questions
    Elementary Mathematics - 100 marks - objective type questions
    English Language - 100 marks - objective type questions

For more details and information you should keep visiting at www.upsc.gov.in and this year CDS II is going to be conducted at 08-09-2013 so you should start preparation for this examination by using various books and by joining a very good coaching institute

All the best

RajveerSingh Array

Pricey you're subsequent 4 yr duration B.Tech amount that is part of anatomist stream and today buy next yr of this 4-year college amount consequently that you're not suitable eighteen, you are CDS assessment right now but when you can complete 3 yr of this 4-year college amount obtainable throughout 4th yr then simply you will end up suitable eighteen, you are UPSC Blended Protection Program Assessment since those people applicants can put for this audit possibly whom have finished 4-year college amount throughout needed stream or maybe subsequent remaining yr regarding 4-year college amount allowing you to have to perform 2 yr additional as part of your amount and while you do remaining yr you will then be suitable and deemed as suitable eighteen, you are numerous IMA, INA, AFA and OTA area exams

You might be subsequent anatomist amount that produces people suitable eighteen, you are all four sections below CDS since intended for IMA, you'll have amount in different control nevertheless for INA and AFA people can put through anatomist amount and OTA is normal while IMA and get older restricts will also be follows from the mother board that's 19-24 intended for IMA, 19-22 intended for INA and 19-23 intended for AFA area and 19-25 many years intended for OTA area

Assessment Sample intended for IMA, INA and AFA area audit

General Expertise - 100 marks - intent sort inquiries
    Basic Mathematics - 100 marks - intent sort inquiries
    English Vocabulary - 100 marks - intent sort inquiries

For additional information and information people needs to keep browsing on www.upsc.gov.in and in 2010 CDS II are going to be performed on 08-09-2013 consequently you should begin preparing for this assessment through the use of numerous publications and also becoming a member of an amazing mentoring institute.

Ajaygupta123 Array

After completion of Engineering you will be definitely eligible for CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC.

All you need is a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University and age to apply for this examination.

For Indian Army any stream students can apply but for Indian Air Force or Navy you must be from Maths or Physics field.

Age Limit for CDS Exam:

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

This is Defense job and there is no age relaxation on any basis.

Selection Procedure:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

So get yourself prepared for above stages because the selection is based on marks in these stages

popeye Array

CDS.jpg

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC , twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II.

CDS examination is conducted for admission to the candidates into one of the following defense service :- IMA , OTA , Air force , Navy

Selection Procedure is Written exam , Interview , Physical Test .

To apply for these examination , you must have a completed your graduation with any discipline from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required for this examination

Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Age limits :-
    -------------------
    Military :- 19 years - 24 years.
    Officer Training :- 19 years - 25 years.
    Air force :- 19 years - 23 years.
    Naval Air force :- 19 years - 23 years.

So you as you are in 3rd year and not in final year you are not eligible to apply CDS Exam. BUt you can start the preparation from this year itself.

When you go in final year you can apply for CDS exam through UPSC website via filling online application form.

This form can be filled by visiting UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details , Visit the official website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

popeye Array

Attachment 16568

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC , twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II.

CDS examination is conducted for admission to the candidates into one of the following defense service :- IMA , OTA , Air force , Navy

Selection Procedure is Written exam , Interview , Physical Test .

To apply for these examination , you must have a completed your graduation with any discipline from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required for this examination

Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Also take look on age limits.

Age limits :-
    ======================

For Military :- 19 years - 24 years.
    For Officer Training :- 19 years - 25 years.
    For Air force :- 19 years - 23 years.
    For Naval Air force :- 19 years - 23 years.

So you as you are in 3rd year and not in final year you are not eligible to apply CDS Exam. BUt you can start the preparation from this year itself.

When you go in final year you can apply for CDS exam through UPSC website via filling online application form.

This form can be filled by visiting UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details , Visit the official website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

rajpurohitt Array

Dear Friend,

CDS Stands for Common Defense Service.
    CDS Exam Is Conduct by Union Public Service Commission.
    CDS Exam is Completely Related to Defense Services of Indian Government.

Four Branches in CDS :-

Indian Militry Academy(IMA)
    Naval Academy
    Air Force Academy
    Officer's Training Academy(OTA)

Eligibility Criteria for Every Branch:

Indian Military Academy::-
    You Must Graduated in Any Discipline with Good Percentage From Recognized University.
    Your age Must Between 19 years to 24 years.

Naval Academy::-
    You must Graduated in Engineering(B.Tech.) OR B.Sc. with Physics/Mathematics.
    Your age must Between 19 years to 22 years.

Air Force Academy::-
    You must Graduated in Engineering(B.Tech.) OR B.Sc. with Physics.
    Your age Must Between 19 years to 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy::-
    You must Graduated in Any Stream From Recognized university.
    Your age Must Between 19 years to 23 years.

Selection Procedure::-

CDS Written Test
    Personal Interview
    Physical Test

Best of Luck..........

megh@ Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    sir
    No Friend,
    You cannot apply for the CDS exam in the third year of the B.Tech degree.

You need to wait for the next year. The final year candidates are eligible to apply.

CDS is Combined Defense Service. Through this exam you may join any of the defense stream like:-
    1. IMA
    2. INA
    3. AFA
    4. OTA.
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

><Should have a graduation degree in any stream for OTA/IMA.

><Should have a graduation degree in any science stream for INA/AFA.

><Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

><Age of the candidates:-
    • INA:- 19-22years
    • AFA:- 19-23years
    • IMA:- 19-24years
    • OTA:- 19-25years.
    ><Should be Indian citizen.

><Should be physically and mentally strong.

><Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply.

For entire details you may check the http://www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files

nanipj Array

Hi friend,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible to write CDS exam.Because of the following reasons.

Eligibility for CDS exam are :

1.You must have to complete graduation to apply for cds exam.

2. Age limit 19 to 25 years.

3. You can appear for 2 times in a year for CDS exam.

4. CDS exam conducted upsc exam .

5. Must have qualified in b.tech or b.sc(maths, physics and chemistry) for naval academy or air force

6. Final year students who are waiting for their results can also apply.

All the best

cenarocks Array

Hi,

You are not Eligible for CDS exam. Final year candidates is eligible for Combined Defense Services which is conducted by UPSC.

CDS exam eligibility;-

>>>You must be passed a graduation degree from a recognized university.

>>>Appearing in final year candidates are also Eligible.

CDS exam age limits;-

Age limit is 19-25 years for OTA, 19-24 Years for IMA

19-22 Years for Navy, 19-23 years for Air force

CDS exam a written exam of GK, MATH and English.

After clearing, you will be called for SSB interview.

There will be last stage of Physical and medical test.

All the best..................

A Utkarsh Array

No before completing your degree course you can can't apply for the CDS exam....

CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC for the recruitment of candidates under given four wings of Indian Armed Force.....

1. Indian Air Force.

2. Indian Navy.

3. Indian Military Academy (IMA)
    4. Officers Training Academy (OTA)

And to apply for these you must have completed your graduation....

Age limit for applying to these different wings are different...

Wings Age Limit

1. Indian Air Force. 19- 23 years

2. Indian Navy. 19-22 years

3. Indian Military Academy (IMA) 19-24 years

4. Officers Training Academy (OTA) 19-25 years

Satisfying these academic and age criteria you can apply for this exam...

One most important thing is that boys and Girls both can apply for this exam....

heemanshubhalla Array

No you are not eligible

Education Required

* IMA
    You must require a degree from any recognised university

* For Naval Academy
    You must have Degree in Engineering

* For Air Force Academy
    You must hold a degree from recognised university or in engineering
    You must have done 12th with physics and Mathematics

Age Limits:

IMA:
    You must have age between 24 to 29 years

Naval Academy:
    You must have age between 24 to 27 years

Air Force Academy:
    You must have age between 24 to 28 years

Officers Training Academy (Men):
    You must have age between 24 to 30 years

You must be Unmarried to apply For IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy

dipu99310 Array

hello friend ...

C.D.S. --- COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICES

And the eligibility is as follows

I AM REALLY SORRY TO SAT THIS dude

You are not eligible to apply for the CDS exam

Because you must have completed the Graduation

Final year graduates can also apply for the Exam

But you are not eligible to apply this year .....sry

sbhat Array

Well according to your statement you are not eligible for CDS(combined defence services)entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.Now
    you are doing 3rd year b.tech you are to wait for CDS exam, just 1(one) year because as per CDS eligibility a student having the graduate degree or a final year
    candidate in any discipline/stream get the eligibility to write CDS entrance exam.

Then as per UPSC eligibility you will be allowed to attend CDS entrance exam at the final year(4th year of b.tech)not before that so you will get eligibility to
    in the next year.

CDS College: There is no CDS college, CDS mean's Combined Defence Service entrance examination, which is conducted by the Union Public service

commission 2 time in a year.

Thank You,

Disha singh Array

hi friend ,
    CDS:- Combined Defense Services

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-
    1)Candidate should pass his qualifying exam from a recognized institution.
    2)Candidate should pass his qualifying exam wit atleast 55% marks.
    3)Candidate's age should be between 19 to 23 years.
    4)Candidate should be Unmarried.

EXAM pattern:-
    1)written
    2)Personnel interview
    3)Physical test

best of luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?