Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in IIT-JEE exam after 1 year gap between class 10th and 11th?

I passed class 10 in year 2011 and studying in class 11 but i want to drop 11 and want to study in coachin institute from class 11 but there will be a gap of 1 year between class 10 and 11 ,can i will submit iit entrance form.

sameer007 Array

Re: Am I eligible to appear in IIT-JEE exam after 1 year gap between class 10th and 11th?

Yes ,you are eligible to appear in IITJEE exam.
    IIT JEE gives you 2 attempts after 12th.
    It has nothing to take with the gap between 11th and 12th.
    Since you will appear in 12th board in 2014 then you can appear in JEE in 2014 and 2015,provided that you get minimum 60% marks in 12th.
    Best of luck.....

adi_netgenie Array

Re: Am I eligible to appear in IIT-JEE exam after 1 year gap between class 10th and 11th?

IIT JEE STANDS FOR Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination!!

It is one of the toughest exam in engineering
    it is an entrance exam for students in the graduation level in engineering

ELIGIBILITY Criteria

~You need to have PCM (physics Chemistry Maths) combination in your 12th
    ~your aggregate in PCM should be 60%(for general candidates
    ~55% (for SC/ST)
    ~you must have passed your 12th from a recognized university
    ~candidates appearing for HS are eligible to apply
    ~You can appear for 2 times in IIT JEE and that also consecutively

CLEARLY YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE IS NO BAR OR RESTRICTION TO THE CONDITION ABOUT THE YEAR GAP BETWEEN 10TH AND 11TH

ALL YOU NEED TO REMEMBER IS THAT.......

you need to pass 12th with 60% marks

and you can appear for 2 times at maximum and that also consecutively

failing these two conditions you will not be eligible for IIT !!!

so study hard and prepare yourself

SOME TIPS FOR PREPARATION

• to secure a good IIT JEE rank you must study very hard
    • practice a lot of problems everyday
    • you must practice regularly(6-8) hours a day.
    • you must be very good a solving tricky problems
    • you have to be very good in mathematics.
    • you should be well aware of quick problem solving methods since you will get very little time to solve the problems in the Examination.
    • For these you may require some experienced guidance.
    • you can take private coaching classes or even those crash courses by AKASH, FIIT-JEE,CAREER POINT etc
    • the more you practice,the more you gather experience, it becomes easier to solve problems for you!!!!!!!!!

WISH YOU GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KamatchiDeviK Array

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear in IIT-JEE exam after 1 year gap between class 10th and 11th?

Hi ,

Yes ,you are eligible to appear in IITJEE exam.
    IIT JEE gives you 2 attempts after 12th.
    It has nothing to take with the gap between 11th and 12th.
    So try your level best.

ALL THE VERY BEST....

Vikrant mishra Array

hi friend ,

yes you are eligible for IITJEE .

Eligibilty conditions:-
    date of birth of candidate should be 01 oct 1987

year of passing qualifying examination on or after 01 oct 2010

candidate should have 60% marks aggregate

no of jee attempts=2

IMPORTANT DATES:-

online application last date:- December 10, 2011

offline application last date:- December 15, 2011

examination date:-April 8, 2012

Results on 18th may 2012

ANSWER KEY will be available on 7th may 2012
    book for preparation of IITJEE

1) r.d sharma
    2)boylestead
    3)IRODOV (for physics)
    4) modern abc physics
    5)o.p.tondon
    6) P.bahadur
    7)s.l.loney
    8) arihant
    9)h.c.verma
    10) halliday resnik & walker
    11)MORRISON & BOYD

FOR OTHER INFO. GO TO :- http://jee.iitm.ac.in/

Riyaz Array

Hello,
    Yes friend, you are 100% Eligible for IITJEE Exam, but i would say if there any personal problem then its ok. But if its not then dropping in 11th is a foolish option.
    GAP within the 10th and 12th will not at all affect your eligibility.
    You have to get minimum of 60% in PCM to become eligible for IITJEE.
    Thats All.
    Best of Luck

manmeet Array

DEAR friend you are eligible for the iit exam. the eligibility for it is that you should pass +2 with 60% marks and you can apply only two times for it

Unregistered

I have passed class 10th in 2009, after 1year gap i took admission in class 11th & I'll pass class 12th in 2012(2011-2012).And I hv also appeard in IIT-JEE 2012 as my first attempt Am I eligible to appear in IIT-JEE 2013 ??? plz explain me in detail.......Thnx :-)

vengat Array

hai dear

you are eligible

the eligiblity for iit jee are

1) the candidate must
    pass in +2 with 60% mark

2) the candidate
    apply only two times

the
    gap is not a problem you are eligible .. Prepare well

all the best

learn Array

see my dear friend IIT exam is one of the most prestegious exams in india.
    its selection ratio is very low as we calculate from the fact that approx 5 lacs students appear for the exam whereas only 13,000 odd get selected.

in order to appear for the IIT exam:
    • you must have either passed the 12 th board exams with 60 % and above marks.
    • appearing for the first time

you can give the IIT exam only twice after one along with 12 th and one after the 12th that too you have to give it consecutively.
    >>see now you have a gap of 1 year between 11th and 12th
    >>see all the IITS boards are interested in is your 12th score even if you have
    a gap
    between 11th and 12th you are still eligible for the exam

aalarif Array

yes sir you are eligible for appearing in IIT-JEE.because the minimum educational qualification marks is that the candidate the candidate must have passed class 12 with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate and 60% in PCM.and the amximum number of attempts for IIT-JEE is 2 times.
    it has got nothing to do with the gap between class 10 and 11.there is no such kind of rule in IIT.
    so,sir,since you will be passing class 12 in 2014,you will be eligible to give IIT-JEE in two consecutive years one, in 2014 and other in 2015.

niceday Array

It is advisable not to take a gap year.The main reason I say this is because there is a chance you may end up wasting an year which you may not have to if you can get through your IIT JEE exam following your 12th itself.Normally,students who are not successful during their first attempt,take a gap year after 12th and give another attempt the next year.Not many follow the suit that you wish to take.You can take up coaching along with your 11th and 12th.Listen,JEE is not as difficult as you think.You just need to be thorough with your concepts and yes lots of practise too.
    But if you still want to go your way you can do it.You can certainly take a gap year after 10th.

aishh Array

IITJEE: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY......
    it is considered to be the best entrance test for purseuing b.tech after 12th with pcm....
    its one of d toughest entrance exam...
    ELIGIBILITY:
    *PASSING 12TH WITH 60% IN PCM.
    2 ATTEMPTS ARE POSSIBLE TO APPEAR IN EXAM...
    so, there is no bar or restriction if dere is any gap in 10th and 11th....... the only thing keep in mind is u can only be able to give exam 2 times...

anu7 Array

friend

Those all Candidate passed 12th With 60% are eligible for IITJEE

Here are few college of IIT

1. IIT Kharagpur; 2. IIT Kanpur; 3. IIT Mumbai; 4. IIT Delhi; 5. IIT Chennai; 6. IIT Roorkee; 7. IT BHU Varanasi; 8. Indian School of Mines Dhanbad; 9. IIT Guwahati; 10. College of Engineering, Anna University Chennai

choco28 Array

dear friend,

yes surely you can give the IIT exam

gap between 10th and 11th doesn't affect the eligibility criteria for the iit

anyone can give the IIt exam twice in consecutive years after completion of his/her 12th

eligibility for the exam
    you should be 12th passed or 12th appeariing with pcm as a compulsory subjects from a recognised university
    you should score minimum of 60% in pcm

age criteria for the exam
    minimum age required is 17 years
    maximum age required for it is 25 years

you must be a citizen of India

restriction in no. of attempts
    only 2 times in consecutive years for all category of students

so from the above eligibility it is obvious that you can appear for the exam twice if you will score 60% in pcm in 12th

AKASH.BHALODI Array

yes you can eligible for the exam though you have 1 year gap between 10th and 11th .
    The eligibility criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should pass the 12th with PCM subjects with getting minimum 60% marks from any recognized board .
    -> A diploma student can also eligible for the exam .
    -> age must be between 17-25 . There are relaxion in age for the reserved cast .
    -> Maximum 2 attempts are allowed for the exam .
    So you are eligible for the exam so start the preparation for the exam and get a good marks .
    So that you will get an admission in IITs.
    Best Of Luck

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,

YES.You can apply for the IIT-JEE examination.If you complete 12th std then you are eligible for appearing examination.Your age is between 17-25 then you are eligible for the IIT engineering entrance examination.You must have the Science subjects with maths in your 12th academics.If you have this qualification then you can appear for the examination.The 1 year gap is not the matter.So appear for the exam confidently.You can get admission in IIT colleges in India after clearing the examination.

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

sir,i passed class 10 in year 2010 & study in class 11 but i want gap......can i do this.........can i submit iit jee exam......

Unregistered

My date of birth is 09 j1n 1994 i completed my high school in 2009 and secured 90% marks and then I completed my 11th class in 2010 and then i got ill and had to drop my intermediate exam in 2011 and 2012 .Am I eligible for iit jee exam if I qualify my intermediate exam next year

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    There will not be any IIT-JEE or AIEEE exam.There is only one exam which is ISEET.
    Though you have year gap but you are eligible for ISEET 2013.
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
    1. Candidate must pass 12th board exam or in a stage to appear 12th exam with PCM.
    2. Age limit must be within 17-23 year.
    3. Candidate have to score at least 50% in 12th noard exam.45% for SC/ST/OBC candidate.
    Do not worry about your year gap.Just prepar for ISEET.
    All the best.

alas Array

well IIT JEE has nothing to do with your gap,the fact is that you need to complete your 10+2 to apply for IIT JEE a gear gap is not a problem at all,but you can take that point it is never easy to get through this entrance exam,you will have to work hard to get through,you must understand that your gap must not get wasted.

Badshah Array

• There won't be any problem if you have the gap in between 10th and 11th, as it's considered irrelevant for the exam.
    • As per the criteria stated, you must have to complete the intermediate examination with PCM as an compulsory subjects and must have got 60%.
    • However for sc/st students then only 55% is needed.
    • The age limit for this examination is 17 years to 25 years and also age relaxations is given to reserved category students.
    • You must note that you have only two consecutive attempts to clear this examination.

Unregistered

am i ieligible toappear in JAM exam after 4 year gap after graguation ,pleage tell me

Akashbhai Array

Yes my friend,
    You can appear for IIT-JEE exam after 1 year gap.
    As there is not such a rule for this exam you can appear for it.
    IIT-JEE gives you 2 attempts that means you can appear for it for 2times since your 12th.
    So dont worry for it and dont loose your hopes.
    Good Luck.

libra Array

hello friends......
    yes you are eligible for IITJEE .

Eligibilty conditions:-
    date of birth of candidate should be 01 oct 1987

year of passing qualifying examination on or after 01 oct 2010

candidate should have 60% marks aggregate

no of jee attempts=2

IMPORTANT DATES:-

online application last date:- December 10, 2011

offline application last date:- December 15, 2011

examination date:-April 8, 2012

Results on 18th may 2012

ANSWER KEY will be available on 7th may 2012

1) r.d sharma
    2)boylestead
    3)IRODOV (for physics)
    4) modern abc physics
    5)o.p.tondon
    6) P.bahadur
    7)s.l.loney
    8) arihant
    9)h.c.verma
    10) halliday resnik & walker
    11)MORRISON & BOYDY

thanks...

shine.com Array

Hello my dear Friend ...

Follow the below eligibility Criteria

I.I.T J.E.E --- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

No worry .. you are Of course eligible to appear for the exam

You must have passed the 12th class from a recognized university

For OBC / General -- minimum percentage is " 60% "

For SC / ST -- Minimum percentage is " 55% "

YOU CAN HAVE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF THE " 02 " ATTEMPTS IN CONSECUTIVE YEARS

Usually the Decision Regarding the IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria by the "" Joint Admission Board "" of IIT JEE will be Final

So apply for the Exam .. you are definitely eligible to apply for it

GOOD LUCK

libra Array

dear friends
    It is advisable not to take a gap year.The main reason I say this is because there is a chance you may end up wasting an year which you may not have to if you can get through your IIT JEE exam following your 12th itself.Normally,students who are not successful during their first attempt,take a gap year after 12th and give another attempt the next year.Not many follow the suit that you wish to take.You can take up coaching along with your 11th and 12th.Listen,JEE is not as difficult as you think.You just need to be thorough with your concepts and yes lots of practise too.
    But if you still want to go your way you can do it.You can certainly take a gap year after 10th.
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
    1. Candidate must pass 12th board exam or in a stage to appear 12th exam with PCM.
    2. Age limit must be within 17-23 year.
    3. Candidate have to score at least 50% in 12th noard exam.45% for SC/ST/OBC candidate.
    Do not worry about your year gap.Just prepar for ISEET.

sagar_007 Array

yes you have Eligible for IIT JEE exam

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) from the year 2014-15 for admission to the UG Under-Graduate programmes in Engineering in two portions, first is JEE-MAIN and second is JEE-Advanced

JEE MAIN will succeed to appear in the JEE-Advanced Exam.

JEE Main will be conducted by CBSE, while JEE Advanced by the IITs. The time gap between the two exams has not been made public yet.

Age limit is relaxed by 5 years, SC/ST and PWD applicants,

No. Number of attempts

you have Complete 12th.

Exam Pattern

No
    SUBJECTS
    TYPE OF QUESTIONS
    Duration
    Paper 1
    Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
    Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
    3 hours
    Paper 2
    Mathematics - Part I
    Aptitude Test - Part II
    Drawing Test - Part III
    Objective type questions Objective type questions questions to test Drawing Aptitude
    3 hours

Fees

rajpurohitt Array

Dear,

Yes! you are Eligible after Having a Gap of One Year in 10th & 11th Class.

In my opinion you don't have to take Gap in between 10th & 1th class. it will be more better If you take gap after 12th class.

11th & 12th Class you have to do Study with Preparation of IIT-JEE Exam. IIT -JEE Exam fully Contain 11th & 12th class Syllabus.

Join good Coaching they will provide you IIT Preparation with 11th & 12th Class. Apply for IIT-JEE Exam with 12th Class.

If you study Good you will be Surely Selected in IIT Exam.

If At Other Condition you Don't Get Selected in IIT with 12th Then Take a Gap and Prepare Only for IIT-JEE Examination.

When you doing preparation of IIT Exam with 12th, you have Much Burden Because you have to Face Board Exams Also.

After 12th Class you only have to Study About JEE that's why There is More Chance of Selection after 12th Gap.

There is no Mean for taking a Gap Between 10th & 11th Class. If you take Gap Then what you will Prepare.

Preparation for 11th Class in Gap?. That is not Required. In this Gap you can't do Preparation of 12th Class because you don't have Knowledge of 11th, then how you will prepare for 12th.

There is no need for Gap in 10th & 11th Class. Just Study Good you will get selected in IIT with 12th Class.

If you will not Selected Then Take a Gap this will be More Good for you.

Regards ~~~

havamahal Array

dear friends.....
    yes you can eligible for the exam though you have 1 year gap between 10th and 11th .
    The eligibility criteria for the exam is below :
    > one should pass the 12th with PCM subjects with getting minimum 60% marks from any recognized board .
    > A diploma student can also eligible for the exam .
    > age must be between 17-25 . There are relaxion in age for the reserved cast .
    > Maximum 2 attempts are allowed for the exam .
    So you are eligible for the exam so start the preparation for the exam and get a good marks .
    So that you will get an admission in IITs.

1) r.d sharma
    2)boylestead
    3)IRODOV (for physics)
    4) modern abc physics
    5)o.p.tondon
    6) P.bahadur
    7)s.l.loney
    8) arihant
    9)h.c.verma

thanks............

+ Reply to Thread