Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT if I am giving improvement exam?

i have secured 67% in PCM in XII(Phy=67,Chem=75,Maths=58,English=95)i will give the improvement exam in 2012 (in Physics,Chemistry & Maths)Am i eligible for appearing in BITSAT???

Hasham Array

Re: Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT if I am giving improvement exam?

BITS asking u overall 75% and u have to score 60 % seperately in maths, physics ,chemistry.

u r lacking criteria

u must have passed PCM in 2011 and secured 75 % or if u appear in 2012 u must get 75% for sure.

even if u give improvement ur eligible if u score 75 %

work hard in ur improvment

all the best

Shekhar Pandey Array

As you got 67% aggregate in class 12th, you are not eligible. because to give the test of BITSAT 2012 you must have 75% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics aggregate and 60% in every subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Also the students get direct admissions in the BITSAT 2012 without giving tests which are toppers in state board or central board.

for further complete information please visit http://www.bitsadmission.com or copy this link http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm to the Google to direct jump in the BITSAT 2012 site.

best of luck

jagannadh Array

The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conduct entrance test every year...the eligible candidates can apply...the eligibility was..

The candidate should pass the 12th standered 10+2 or any equivalent State level board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. from the recognized college or university.

The candidate should have to obtain a min of 80% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and a minimum of 60% marks individually in Physic ,Chemistry & Mathematics .The candidate should have an adequate proficiency in English.

BITSAT 2012 IMPORTANT DATES are:

It should be noted that dates are tentative and are subjected to change.

Last date to apply :15th feb 2012

Test center allotment and declaration of candidates :25th Feb 2012

Hall ticket downloading :14th April to 30th April 2012

reservation of test dates :29th feb to 20th 2012

Online test: 10th May to 09th June 2012

preferences to degree programmers :19th may to 30th june 2012

Result declaration and merit list :1st July 2012

For further details please visit the official website: http://www.bitsadmission.com

so as per details you are definitely eligible..prepare well good luck..

venkataprakash Array

I think you are eligible to apply for this examination because they mentioned the candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination.

Eligibility for BITSAT examination :-

Candidate should have passed the 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board or it is equivalent with physics,chemistry and mathematics and the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics at 12th level examination.

Candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in each of the physics,chemistry and mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.

Candidates who are pursing in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for BITSAT examination.

BITSAT exam format :-

The written examination can be divided into four parts :-

-Physics - 40 questions
    -Chemistry - 40 questions
    -English Proficiency - 15 questions
    -Logical Reasoning - 10 questions
    -Mathematics - 45 questions

Syllabus of this examination :-

This examination will be conducted on the basis of NCERT Syllabus for 11th and 12th class.

Important dates for this examination :-

>>Last date for receipt of application :- 15/02/12

>>BITSAT Online examination :- 10/05/12 to 09/06/12

http://bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm

bipin Array

BITSAT Stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test

BITSAT examination is conducted by BITS Every year and to apply for this examination you need to complete your 12Th examination form a recognised Board.

Eligibility :

- You should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination.
    - Those Who take improvement exams in PCM then you are not eligible.

You have given improvement test , to improve your PCM score. But improvement test marks are not allowed in BITSAT.
    So dont get upset you can apply other entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE , MHT-CET.

For More details please check the official website -

http://www.bitsadmission.com

BISWARUPYOGI Array

Birla Institute Of Technology And Science(BITS) conduct BITSAT exam for admission to Bachelor Degree .

Those candidate have completed science department with above 75% marks are applicable for BIT SAT exam.But your Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics subject have at least 60%.Other wise you are not applicable for BIT SAT exam.

THE EXAM PATTERN FOR BIT SAT :-

EXAM DATE FOR BIT SAT EXAM:-

BITSAT 2012 Exam Dates, Notification and Deadlines:-

Last Date to apply for BITSAT 2012:- 15th February 2012

Test center allotment and announcement to candidates:- 25th February 2012

Candidates to reserve Test dates:- 29th Feb. – 20th March 2012

Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions:- 14th April – 30th April 2012

BITSAT Online tests:- 10th May – 9th June 2012

For more details about BIT-SAT Admission , Click on the Link http://www.bitsadmission.com/

Rahulnewyon Array

BITS asking u overall 75% and u have to score 60 % seperately in maths, physics ,chemistry.

u r lacking criteria

u must have passed PCM in 2011 and secured 75 % or if u appear in 2012 u must get 75% for sure.

Manojkothiyal Array

The minimum eligibility criteria For BITSAT is overall 75% and
    60 % in each subject Physics, Chemistry and maths

you are not fullfilling the eligibility criteria

First of all you Do best in your improvement exam
    All the best

param pita Array

Dear friend,Eligibility for BITSAT examination :-

Candidate should have passed the 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board or it is equivalent with physics,chemistry and mathematics and the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics at 12th level examination.

Candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in each of the physics,chemistry and mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.

Candidates who are pursing in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for BITSAT examination.

-Physics - 40 questions

This examination will be conducted on the basis of NCERT Syllabus for 11th and 12th class.

Important dates for this examination :-

>>Last date for receipt of application :- 15/02/12

>>BITSAT Online examination :- 10/05/12 to 09/06/12
    BITSAT 2012 IMPORTANT DATES are:

It should be noted that dates are tentative and are subjected to change.

Last date to apply :15th feb 2012

Test center allotment and declaration of candidates :25th Feb 2012

Hall ticket downloading :14th April to 30th April 2012

reservation of test dates :29th feb to 20th 2012

Online test: 10th May to 09th June 2012

preferences to degree programmers :19th may to 30th june 2012

Result declaration and merit list :1st July 2012

For further details please visit the official website:

param pita Array

Dear,BITSAT examination is conducted by BITS Every year and to apply for this examination you need to complete your 12Th examination form a recognised Board.

Eligibility :

- You should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination.
    - Those Who take improvement exams in PCM then you are not eligible.

You have given improvement test , to improve your PCM score. But improvement test marks are not allowed in BITSAT.
    So dont get upset you can apply other entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE , MHT-CET.

For More details please check the official website -

Eligibility for BITSAT examination :-

-Physics - 40 questions

adi_netgenie Array

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIT-SAT

75% marks in aggregate of PCM(PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,MATHS)
    with these you need to score a minimum of 60 marks in each of PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY and MATHS

clearly you can see that you are not eligible for BITSAT

and BITSAT allows no exception like reservation quota for SC/STs.relaxation of cut-off marks for Sc/ST/OBCs

• you by any chance you are not eligible as you do not have 75%aggregate in 12th in PCM

if you still have any confusion regarding your eligibility,you can check this official website of BITSAT

• I will suggest you to try for other examinations like AIEEE,KIITJEE,ORJEEE,MHT CET,WBJEE,KARNATAKA CET etc

with your marks you can sit for these examinations and you can get admission to engineering colleges which are as good as BIT or even better.but for this you need to Secure a very good rank in your entrance examination and to get a good rank,you need real HARD PRACTICE

study hard...practice problems regularly

buy books suggested by your teachers.you can also do group study. group study is a very beneficial way to learn and study for entrance examinations

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT HING THAT YOU NEED IS REGULAR DISCIPLINED HARD PRACTICE

clearly you can see you have many options open for you........ just give a try ! []

GOODLUCK

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    Presently You are not Eligible, but if you are going for improvement exam, do keep in mind that you have to score Above 80% Aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and maths for your Eligiblity in BITSAT. Even 79.99 would be Too Less For you to Qualify.
    BITSAT has no reserved quota for Gen/SCST/OBC, it completely depends on your hard work.
    Work Hard.

All the Best

manmeet Array

For applying in bitsat you require 75% marks in pcm. So score 75% or above in improvement exam, only then you are eligible.

Unregistered

sir,i scored 95% in 11th and 12th,but writing improvement exams ( physics and chemistry) to get good rank in eamcet.am i eligible to bitsat now?
    plz tel me sir i am in a great confusion

popeye Array

bitsat.jpeg

Birla Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (BITSAT)

Sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply BITSAT Exam after completing your 12th with PCM percentage 67%. Because You should have minimum 80% in PCM to eligible thus exam.

BITSAT eligibility is very strict. It not allow the candidate who have pass 12th with improvement exam. So you are not eligible to apply BITSAT Exam.

The Detail eligibility of BITSAT :

- You should have secured 80% aggregate marks in PCM and 60% marks individually in each of the subjects.

- Candidate who have completed the qualifying exam in the previous year or the current year are only eligible to apply for the exam.

Now you have understan that why I am saying that you are not eligible. If you have still doubt in your mind please visit official website : http://www.bitsadmission.com

If you want to join engineering field then you can try other entrance exams. Also you are eligible to apply those entrance exam without giving any improvement exam.

These entrance exams are :

AIEEE

IIT

State level entrance exams

VITEEE

Avtar1 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have secured 67% in PCM in XII(Phy=67,Chem=75,Maths=58,English=95)i will give the improvement exam in 2012 (in Physics,Chemistry & Maths)Am i eligible for appearing in BITSAT???
    Hello Friend,
    i am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for THE BITSAT exam. Because BITSAT requires 75% marks. This is the MINIMUM %age require to get admission in BITS Pilani.
    If you want you can drop your 1 year , and prepare this year, get more marks in your +2. So, you become eligible for the BITSAT.

thanks

aalarif Array

yes,sir you will be eligible to give BIT SAT if you appear for improvement exam and score more then the minimum educational qualification marks required.
    the minimum educational qualification marks-the candidate who have passed the class 12 boards exam iwth minimum of 75% marks in aggregate and or minimum of 60% marks in each Physics,Chemistry,Maths and passing marks in english are eligible to apply for BIT SAT and also the rule is that the candidate who has passed the 12 in more than 1 attempts,only his latest result be evaluated for the examination process.
    so,it means that in the improvement exam,you will have to score more than 75% marks and minimum of 60% marks in each physics,chemistry and maths.then only you will be eligible to apply for BITSAT.

Nathan Array

Sorry friend your not eligible for BITSAT Entrance examination because your aggregate is below 75% that is the reason your not eligible for This Examination.I give more information about BITSAT.

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science(BITS) and this entrance exam is conducted by every year.If you interest to apply this exam you may satisfied this eligibility Criteria's.

Eligibility Criteria For BITSAT:-
    The candidate should have passed in the 12th class examinaiton of 10+2 system from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with physics,chemistry and mathematics further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate of marks in physics,chemistry and mathematics subjects in 12th class examination at least 60% of marks in the each of physics,chemitry and mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in english, How ever.

Admission will be made only on her merit position based on he score obtained in BITSAT only students who are appearing for 12th class examination or who have passed the 12th class examination in 2011 are also eligible for BITSAT.

Note:-Students Who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear for BITSAT.

BITSAT Test Format:-

BITSAT will be of total 3 hour duration(without break)and this test consists of four Parts:-

Part-1:- physics
    Part-2:- Chemistry
    Part-3:- English proficiency and logical reasoning
    Part-4:- Mathematics

All the questions are objective type and multiple choice each question with choice of four answers only on being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches marks will each incorrect answer has a penalty of One mark.No marks are awarded for not attempted questions.While the candidate can skip a question the computer will no allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.

For More details:-http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/

Akash Bacchav Array

Hi ,

u r lacking criteria

work hard in ur improvment

All the best...!!!

Annubhai Array

Hello Friends...

SORRY!!! you are not Eligible For BITSAT Entrance examination because the minimum educational qualification marks-
    the candidate who have passed the class 12 boards exam 12th minimum of 75% marks in aggregate
    or minimum of 60% marks in each Physics,Chemistry,Maths

your aggregate is below 75%

The eligibility of BITSAT :

- You should have secured 75% aggregate marks in PCM and 60% marks individually in each of the subjects.

- Candidate who have completed the qualifying exam in the previous year or the current year are only eligible to apply for the exam.

Now you have understan that why I am saying that you are not eligible.

please visit official website : http://www.bitsadmission.com

If you want to join engineering field then you can try other entrance exams. Also you are eligible to apply those entrance exam without giving any improvement exam.
    IIT
    AIEEE

Thank you.......

Best Of Luck.........

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    you are rite now not eligible as you have to score at least 75% (PCM) and minimum 60% in each, if you score good in improvement,
    You will become eligible...
    Give your best and prepare well for the entrance exam as it is toughest of all and very tough eligibility criteria and entry procedure to various renowned colleges, clearing the exam will not solve the purpose, you have to score good also...

All the best
    Raj@08

choco28 Array

dear friend,

BIT stands for Birla Institute Of Technology and science
    which its own BITSAT exam for admission for engineering courses

BITS is a private institute
    but then also it is in the top 10 list of engineering college
    and so its minimum % required to appear in the exam is the highest as compared to any other engineering exam

eligibility for this

one needs to be 12th passed from a recognised university
    one should score minimum of 80% in pcm and 60% in each of the subjects

anyone can appear for the exam only twice in consecutive years

anyone who is sitting for improvement is surely not eligible for
    as you are not satisfying the education qualification required

but dont worry there are may other exams for which you are eligible

some of them are
    IIT
    AIEEE
    State entrance exam
    this exam is conducted by every state
    so you can give the exam conducted by your own state

kalinga Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    BITSAT(birla institute of technology engineering entrance exam) is the top level engineering college in india for doing engineering and
    if you want to appear in the BITSAT exam then you must have to be eligible for the entrance exam. and the eligibility criteria for this exam is given as below:-

-you have to get atleast 75% marks overall in +2 level , and also you have to secure atlast 80% marks in english in +2 level .
    - in PCM you have to secure atleast 60% marks ..

by considering the above two criteria you can give the BITSAT exam ...

but at present you are not eligible try to get atleast 75% marks and fullfill all the above mentioned criteria...

all the best.....

sgvm Array

Sorry, but you are not eligible for BITSAT exam through these marks.
    You will have to score more marks in Improvement Exam, so that you can be eligible for the BITSAT exam.
    To be eligible for this exam, you will have to score 75% aggregate in 10+2 (including PCM) and at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics each.
    For more information, you can visit: http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/...20Criteria.htm

Unregistered

sir can improvement marks are considered in bitsat..

Unregistered

does improvement marks considered in bitsat
    my marks are(CHEM-94,maths-97) and previous mark(physics-74)

learn Array

BITSAT is one of the best private engineering entrance exam
    it si also considered as the toughest exam

BITS institute is the best private institute among all the private institutes

eligibility for the exam BITSAT
    • you must be 12th passed from a recognised board
    • you must score atleast 75% in pcm
    • and you must score 60% in overall
    you should have adequate proficiency in English.

for this exam you can register online

and this exam is conducted in both ways tat is

you can make payment of Exam Fees either by Online or you can send it By DD.

BITSAT Entrance Exam Fee :

BITSAT Application Fee for Boy Students : Rs 1700/-

BITSAT Application Fee for Girl Students : Rs 1200/-

BITSAT exam pattern

BITSAT exam is of 3-hour duration
    It has four sections and a total of 150 questions

The distribution of 150 questions is as follows:

• Physics-40 Questions
    • Chemistry-40 Questions
    • English Proficiency-15 Questions
    • Logical Reasoning-10 Questions
    • Mathematics-45 Questions

Parts Subject No of questions
    Part 1 Physics 40
    Part 2 Chemistry 40
    Part 3 (a) English Proficiency 15
    (b) Logical Reasoning 10
    Part 4 Maths 45
    Total: 150

Unregistered

i have got 59 in chemistry,90 in maths and 80 in physics in 12th.i have an aggregate of 77% in pcm.am i elligible for bitsat??

Anil 7893 Array

Hello friends ...............

Sorry friend you are not eligible for this exam

And I will give you information about this exam. May that is usefull to you

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and science aptitude Test.

This exam is conducted to getting admission in their institute in various courses.

This exam is conducted by BITs every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ;

For admission in BITS the candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

And, the candidate should have minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination,

And at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

However, admissions will be made only on his/her merit position based on the score obtained in BITSAT exam.

Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination now on wards or who have passed the 12th class examination in the past are eligible to appear for BITSAT exam.

All the best

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?